Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stuff!

Get ready for some action!  That's right.  We've been getting into some serious stuff over here at the Yadon home.  Okay, not really.  But we have experienced a couple of firsts for Lola.  And they are pretty (majorly) significant!  First of all, Lola ate her first ice cream cone.  Of course she has eaten ice cream before but she's never had her very own cone.  And I know it's still cold outside.  But to me?  Ice cream is always in season.  Anyway, to say she liked it would be an understatement.  She couldn't get enough!  It was WAY too cute!
*Side note*  Of course it was necessary for me to help her eat some of her tasty treat before it melted all over the place.  Mmmmmmm......ice cream!

Then there is Sandy.  You know, the penny horse at Meijer?  Yeah.  Blake used to LOVE Sandy.  I had to make sure I brought a satchel (yeah, I said satchel) full of pennies whenever I went grocery shopping with him.  And I know the sign says not to leave your children unattended.  But I'm pretty sure if I had left Blake with said satchel of pennies, he would have stayed on that horse FOREVER (or until he ran out of pennies....)!
*Side note* Of course I never really left him on the horse......

Lola?  Well, she has been TERRIFIED of Sandy.  I kept trying and trying to get her to take a ride (I'm not sure why when it was clearly torture to her).  But she wasn't buying it.  She wasn't down with gettin' a little crazy at the store.  Until recently.  I remembered (light bulb) that she is now OBSESSED with horses (and saying, "yee haw").  We just so happened to be at Meijer last weekend.  And this time, Lola cried when we finally made her get off the horse.  Yup.  It's safe to say she has joined the Sandy fan club!  She might even be the new president!
*Side note* Of course I will never leave her unattended on Sandy.....tempting as it may be!

And the final news for the day?  Well, I'm hanging out and watching basketball (like I have been non-stop for the last several days).  My brother in-law happens to be AT the Big East tournament with his father, which is way cooler than watching on TV.  Anyway, they go every year.  I'm totally jealous.  But I was even MORE jealous when I saw him on TV sitting RIGHT behind the Louisville bench.  Yeah.  He was that guy.  So of course I had to take some photos of the TV.  I'm that girl!  Anyway, I'm happy he is there.  But is it bad to wish it was me?  Nah.  GO CARDS!
*Side note* Of course I don't think I have ever been more jealous of anything in my life.  Brandon, those seats ROCK!!!!

Lola and her ice cream!
Lola and Sandy (and a lot of bags of salt....)!
Lola and Blake.  Blake was finally reunited with his beloved Sandy!
Yup.  That's Brandon.  And Terrence Jennings. I 'm not sure why Brandon isn't trying to hand Terrence his water.  Or taking some water for himself.  He could.  Because it's RIGHT there.  Have I mentioned I'm jealous?  Okay.  Just so you know!
And my favorite photo.  Brandon checking out Pitino's finger.  And the dude on the right?  Yup.  He's picking his nose.  This is EXACTLY what I worry about when I sit courtside at the Pacers games.  Not that I'd be picking my nose, of course.  But man, you have to be careful when you are gonna be on camera.  Sorry, random dude.  But I caught ya with your finger up your nose!

6 comments:

k Dogg said...

I just laughed, a lot. Awesome stuff, especially that Sandy and your satchel...makes me think of my Snitchel:)

Grant's Mommy said...

You are so funny!!!! I always catch people picking there nose too!!! GO CARDS! and Brandon, we are ALL jealous!

The Clayburn Family said...

That is so cool that you capture the pics on TV so clearly!! Yay for Lola too!! She is growing up!! (and has super long, beautiful hair!!)

Tara said...

LOVE Sandy. I gave each of my kids one penny to hold for the whole shopping trip, and whenever they would act up I'd ask, "Where's your penny? Should I take it?" And they were good... ok, that's a lie- not really good, but better! No Meijer in Oklahoma :( Love the TV pictures. I have a matching set from when Alan set Dan up for a Lakers game :) Love DVR. Miss you! Hopefully I'll see you at church on Sunday!!!

easleyfamily said...

We need a Sandy out here in Utah...and ice cream sounds so yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out. Those were the best seats ever! even though ol, Rick P. decided to stand up and block my view of the opposite side of the court most of the game. We had a blast. I wish we beat uconn. Go CARDS!

-Ths guy who was not picking his nose on national TV