Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Choo Choo!

Have I mentioned that I'm a little bit crazy?  And A LOT sleep deprived?  And I'm driving the crazy train?  Yeah.  It's getting worse!  I think my kids are in cahoots!  Saturday night, Lola thought it would be awesome to scream at the top of her lungs (what does that even mean???) at 3:30 AM.  And she kept going, and going, and going (Energizer bunny much?).  Did I get any sleep that night?  Nope.  Then Sunday night, Blake was in and out of the room about every hour starting at midnight.  I finally caved and let him sleep in his sleeping bag on the floor of my bedroom.  Monday night, Blake pulled the same stuff.  Mind you, every time he comes in, it scares the bleepers out of me.  So I let him camp out again (because I wasn't in the mood for multiple heart attacks from him creeping in and out of the room).  Last night.  Oh last night.  Lola was up and screaming at 11:45. I let her cry for a good thirty minutes but then I was scared there was something wrong.  Whenever that happens, she ends up sleeping in my bed.  And by sleeping, I mean she tosses and turns, sneezes and coughs, and whatever else she can do to make sure she keeps me up!  All.  Night.  Long.  And I even moved my book husbands out of the way to let Lola in my bed.  Yes, when Billy is gone, his side of the bed is mostly taken up with my books ("book husbands").

Oh sleep.  How I miss you.  Now here is my other problem.  After things like this happen, the nights to come will usually be just as bad.  Even if the kids decide to sleep (yes, please), I'm up because of nervous anticipation.  I'm listening to the baby monitor every five minutes to see if Lola is making any noise.  Then I'm turning toward the door to see if Blake is standing there watching me sleep.  Yay for insomnia (sarcasm)!

So I'm pretty sure I'm officially mental (yeah, yeah.  I'm always kinda crazy).  You can tell just by looking at me.  My left eye will NOT stop twitching.  It feels like I have a creature living behind my eyeball.  It is less than pleasant.  I think this comes from stress and lack of sleeping.  Or maybe something really is living there.  Who knows.  I just know I need some rest.  And a makeover.  And some new clothes.  And a weekend getaway.  And heck, while we're at it, I could use a million dollars, too.

But guess what?  Pretty soon, there will be no time for sleep! March madness is coming our way!  WOO HOO!  And if you know me, you know basketball is my thing (understatement of the year).  And this is my favorite time of year.  Forget major holidays.  This is it for me!  Go CARDS!  So I guess my sleep will have to wait a little bit longer.  It can't get much worse.  Right?  I might need a new train conductor, though.  So if anyone else wants to drive the crazy train for a while, please let me know! :)

4 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

I feel so bad that you are having such troubles sleeping. I can't sleep worth a lick when Matt is traveling (which he was doing up until today). But my kids love it when he is gone since they think that is a free ticket to sleeping with mom. I hate them sleeping with me cuz they do kickboxing moves all night (just like Miss Lola). Hope you can get all the night issues to rest (haha) and take bad your sleep! Wish I could help!!

The Clayburn Family said...

*back not bad your sleep! duh!

Arien said...

You are so funny!!! I think parenthood =no decent sleep ever again!!!!

Gentry said...

I have been getting caught up on your blog today. Good stuff. And don't worry... we all go a little mad sometimes.