Saturday, March 12, 2011

Entertainer of the Year.....

Goes to Blake Matthews.  Well, maybe not entertainer of the year.  But definitely entertainer of the weekend!  Blakeism of the day:  it occurred after trying to play a dvd from the library.  The dvd was totally scratched up and looked terrible.  Blake's comment, "Did they have thorns in their dvd player?"  He had a valid point.  Cuz that's pretty much what the disc looked like.  HA HA HA HA HA HA!  I laughed.  A lot.

Last night as we were all sitting around (like we usually do), the kids got bored.  SHOCKER!  My mom sent a couple brown paper bags up with Billy this weekend. Oh, and they did have something in them.  She didn't just send empty bags.  Although she could have, really.  Blake decided to make a paper bag head.  Lola soon wanted one of her own.  It was pretty good entertainment (and cheap, too) for a while!

Blake designed this himself.  And yes, we still have the movie Elf sitting around.
Lola was playing peek-a-boo with hers so Billy helped her hold it on so I could get a photo!

In other news......it's time to move the clocks forward.  I only get TWO chances a year to complain about how much I DESPISE daylight savings time.  I really do.  Here goes....thank you for messing children's schedules up all over the country, world, planet.....who knows.  I'm not sure who follows the silly rules of daylight savings.  Goodbye one hour of sleep.  I will miss you.  (Just so you know....that was a really mild complaining session)!!!

In other OTHER news......tomorrow is selection Sunday.  You will surely understand why I can't be bothered....pretty much from tomorrow until the end of the NCAA tournament in April.  Good luck to those of you filling out brackets.  And for those of you who aren't (the horror), well, I can't imagine why you aren't.  So I can't think of anything to say.  What could be better than this basketball tournament?  Nothing.  Nothing at all.  GO CARDS!

3 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

You kids proved that kids don't need expensive toys to keep them entertained. I should show these pictures to my kids. I think they would love to do this!!

I, too, am dreading losing my precious sleep tonight. So dumb!

And yay for March Madness!!

The Miranda's said...

your kids look great in those paper bags! and I'm so glad Lola likes ice cream....and I had no idea that the horse at Meijer had a name?!? and one more thing....Are you ever gonna come back to church?!? I miss your face!

easleyfamily said...

That is cute! and sorry...gasp...I don't do the brackets-I'm that friend! :) but I love you!!! :)