Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baths and Tornadoes!

So I decided Lola definitely needed a bath tonight.  When I went to run the water, I found about half of Lola's toys strewn about the tub.  Yeah.  I'm pretty sure there is HARDLY room for her.  I laughed.  And then I took a very poor quality photo with my phone.  Check it out!


Then I realized we were under some severe weather warnings.  And because Lola had already dumped half her water onto the bathroom floor, I figured it was time for her to get out anyway. 

We went downstairs and started watching American Idol when the tornado sirens started to go off.  I would have been content to hang out on the couch but Blake insisted we go to our "safe" room.  Said "safe" room is our TEENY half bathroom.  So here's how it went:  Blake was near tears, clinging to me.  Lola found the soap dispenser and was shaking it all over the place.  The dog was sitting at my feet.  And I was on the floor blocking the door so Lola would be trapped (even though she was occupied with the soap, she also wanted to get out of the small space).  Here is what I was thinking while listening to the sirens:

1.  Crap.  My hair is RIDICULOUS tonight.  Ya see, I washed my hair and let it air dry (preparing for the flat iron later tonight).  This resulted in a frizzy mess (and for some reason, looking a little bit like a mullet).  I really didn't want to end up trapped or something and have someone find me looking like that!

2.  Well, at least the safe room is in the bathroom.  So we all have a toilet handy, should we need it.

3.  I should have charged my phone.  The low battery light was flashing.  Oops.

So those were my thoughts.  Hmmmm......guess I wasn't TOO worried about the weather!!!

Then I finally got the kids to bed and came downstairs.  This is what I saw:



So of course I took another poor quality photo with my phone.  And then I wondered if the tornado ended up in my living room?!?  It sure looks like it!

In other news:  I'm eating a weight watcher meal and the zucchini tastes like it has sand in it.  Blech.  What a wild, crazy, and WEIRD night!!!

4 comments:

k-izzle to the dizzle said...

Oh my gosh, that was one of the funniest things I've read in a while...mostly cause I could imagine you saying all of that, and picture it too. You rock. Period.

Grant's Mommy said...

SO FUNNY!!!! I can totally see you sitting there doing that! Glad you and the kiddos are safe! Night :)

Gentry said...

Um, where's the pic of you, Sarah? I mean, you do provide good imagery, but still... I need to see the mullet.

The Miranda's said...

hilarious! You had me crying! Thanks for sharing!