Monday, March 28, 2011

HAPPY! :)

I'm starting to think my readers are getting tired of my endless "happiness!"  Or at least my once a week happiness!  But alas, I will continue.  Because in my boring, mundane (single...i.e. living without my husband) life.....it makes me pause for a few minutes a week to go over some positive things.  I'm hoping my peeps start leaving more comments soon.  I'm feeling vulnerable! ;)  Okay so here we go!

1.  I'm happy because I painted my toenails AND my nails red.  That's right.  RED.  I needed some color in my life!  I'm always happy when I paint my nails for the first time (after a long winter of naked nails, as I call it).

2.  I'm happy Butler is in the final four again.  Am I a die hard Butler fan?  Pshaw.  Am I the Pope?  Of course not.  But since I live in the Indy area, I figured with my team (go Cards) long gone, I might as well go local.  So let's go Butler!  Do the state proud!

3.  I'm happy because I have a treadmill!  WOO HOO!!!  I'm staring at it right now!  I was able to purchase it on Saturday from a good friend.  Irony?  I can't use it.  Somewhere between her house and our house (about 3 miles), the start key was lost.  Yeah.  It's my luck!  So instead of using it, I ate a whole bunch of food yesterday and today and gained about 2 pounds.  Go me!  I ordered a replacement key and will run my little heart out when it gets here.  Until then, I will keep eating.......We all need a break from our diet every now and then, right?!?

4.  I'm happy because we are taking a mini vacation this weekend and surprising Blake with it!  Yay for tax returns!  And yay for actually spending some time together as a family!  Boo for all the things I have to get done before this can happen!

5.  And finally.  I'm happy because I just opened an ice cold diet Dr. Pepper and I need to go retrieve it from the kitchen.  So I'm done.  With this blog.  For now.

Happy Monday to everyone!  Remember to count your blessings! :)  Oh and yay for my friend, Mike, who also posted a blog about things that make him happy!!!!  That is something else that makes me smile! :)

9 comments:

The Miranda's said...

Have fun on your fun get-a-way! I'm glad you are finding such positive things you in your life! I'll try and do a happy post soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great mini-vacation. I like your happy posts. They make me happy.

Rebecca said...

Yay for mini-vacations and tax returns! I'm excited for you guys to get some family time. Enjoy the ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper!

Gentry said...

I love Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry. If you haven't tried it, do it. Now. My toenails being painted also makes me happy. I glance down at them and it gives me a little boost. And keep up the happy. We all need to remember what is positive in our lives, no matter how insignificant.

dstrytruitt said...

Happy mini-vacation!! Sounds great--do take pictures.
Nail polish; ha! Just got some orange at the store today.
Poor Cards...go Butler (please beat UK if you get the chance!!!).

shelly Trout said...

Your happys make me happy

Anonymous said...

This would be really hard for me right now--a happy post. I could do a Whiney (how do you spell that?) Wednesday or something like that. Would you comment? I am TRYING to catch up on my blog. I was doing really well until this whole wee thing came about.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just thought of something that makes me happy. Thinking about next Halloween. I'll see you and you'll see my 12 day old baby!!! Woohoo!!!

Casey Wallace said...

You just inspired me to paint my nails and toes... and my girls' nails and toes. The perfect thing for a rainy day like today... and yesterday... and the day before that... and tomorrow. Uck! COME ON, sun!! Where are you?!