Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend!

Okay so the weekend started out as a comedy of errors.  And by that, I mean a comedy of HORRORS!  Comedy?  No.  Not funny at all.  Anyway, driving even ten minutes in the car with the crazy dog and two children is torture.  So driving to Louisville by myself with the dog and two children is just lunacy!  What would normally be a two and a half hour drive turned into 4.  Why?  Because an accident on the freeway had all lanes closed.  I almost ran out of gas so had to get off the freeway and then detour around the accident.  All while sweet little Lola was spitting all over Blake.  Yeah.  Spitting.  Is she a camel?  Seriously.  So they were arguing and the dog was whining pretty much non-stop.  Awesomeness.  For reals.  Oh, and I mustn't forget to mention the stalled car on the bridge from Indiana into Kentucky.  When we finally made it, I was happy.  But not really.  The trip took a toll and I was in a pretty foul mood (sorry, family)!

Moving along.....here are some of the things that happened over the weekend:

1.  Lola learned how to climb out of the crib at my parent's house.  Awesome.  So night number one was slightly (SUPER) stressful.  Billy ended up sleeping in bed with Lola.  And I was left to wonder why I even bothered to go there since I wasn't getting to see my husband anyway!  Stinkin' crib-climber-outer (LOLA)!

2.  We went to a baseball game with my sister and her family.  It was lovely.  Except all the kids wanted to play on the playground instead of watch the game.  Hmmm......so we basically paid for tickets to use a playground.  Oh, and Lola got to go "yee haw" on the merry-go-round.  That was fun.  Until she had to get off and pitched a tantrum.  Is the world's smallest violin playing for me yet????  Sorry for all the whining!

3.  Here's something positive.....I got to see my sister Katie's cute house!  And I got to see some friends!  YAY!

So that's about it.  I guess I didn't really need a list!  Oh, and guess what I'm doing this weekend?  Something new!  I'm driving to LOUISVILLE with my crazy dog and two children!  Wish me luck!  Anyway, here are some photos!
















1 comment:

Gentry said...

Here is my pricey suggestion for road trips... get both kids ipods and load them up with apps to keep them busy. Jaden has an ipod and some of those games are addicting (not that I would know or anything) ;-}