Monday, June 13, 2011

HAPPY! :)

I have arrived in New York.  And I'm blogging from here.  Seriously.  I mean, I have ignored my happy blog enough lately.  And I should have plenty to be happy about!

1.  I'm happy that we arrived safely tonight.  And I'm happy to report that I didn't actually need ear plugs, anxiety medication, a cliff to drive off, etc....I was seriously very worried about how my kids would do.  Not having Billy to help out was also a (HUGE)....and I mean HUGE) stress factor.  But guess what?  My kids were (ahem) ANGELS.  Kinda.  But really, it couldn't have gone (too much) better! YAY!

2.  I'm happy that Lola only cried for roughly five minutes (or so) before falling asleep in a pack and play...in a strange environment.  Go Lola!  And because of that, I'm able to type this blog.  You all are oh so happy....RIGHT!?!

3.  I didn't eat my way across the country! I wanted to.  But I stuck to my guns.  Okay, so I may have snuck in a few handfuls of goldfish crackers (you all know of my addiction).  I may have had a few missteps at my sister's, too, but nothing major.

4.  Of course my number one should be seeing my sister, her husband, and my cute niece, Genevieve!  It really is my number 1.  But these are in no particular order.  So pretend this is the first thing I said.  Because I LOVE this sweet little family up in New York!

5.  I get to go to bed soon.  It was a LONG night.  And it was a LONG ten hours in the car.  I believe I will fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.  Maybe.  Or I might sit there waiting for Lola to wake up.  And Blake to wake up.  And so on and so forth.  Until then....I will be happily drifting off to sleep!

Have a HAPPY week, my friends!

2 comments:

*A* said...

How fun to be in the big NYC!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about all of your fun. Be safe!

Gentry said...

That's so cool you went to NY! Too bad it wasn't just a vaca with Billy, sans kids, instead of sans Billy. Oh well, next time maybe.