Tuesday, June 28, 2011

5K!

So I have been running for a while now....pretty much every day for the last three months.  And a little before then, too!  Anyway, I'm the QUEEN of saying I'm going to do a race.  Then I don't.  I've actually signed up before and haven't done it.  Well, this time I ACTUALLY did it!  YIPPY!

I found out about the race on Monday of last week.  I asked my dear friend, Stephanie on Tuesday if she would run it with me.  She is a TROOPER!  She hadn't done any training.  Like NONE.  But she said yes.  And we finished that darn race together.  Guess what?  It was SUPER fun!  I've already planned my next race!  Stay tuned......

Here are some photos from the big day!  And yeah, I know a 5k is really not that big of an accomplishment for most people.  But for me, it is and it's a start! :)  The first two photos are before the race!  The sun bleached us out in the first one!  Oh well!  The rest of them are AFTER the race.  My little Lola wanted to hold my number!  Pardon my terrible appearance in ALL the photos  but what can ya do (besides not take photos, that is.....)! ;)







1 comment:

dstrytruitt said...

Hip hip hooray!! So great to finish the first one: it's a little intoxicating and slightly addictive, though (as you know since you have already scheduled your next race)!!
You should totally do the half-marathon for the Derby next year! I plan to make it my first (running my first 10K Monday morning!) so you'll have company if you like:)
Congrats!