Friday, February 11, 2011

Standing MY Ground....

And I won't back down.  Yeah.  Those are the words of Tom Petty.  But I'm borrowing them because I can.  This post is about Lola.  She is a few cookies short of a dozen.  Or she has lost her marbles.  Or one of those other sayings.  Basically, she is off her rocker.

I'm a little worried because I'm still sure that age 3 is WAY worse than 2.  And if Lola is already acting like this, I don't know what's going to happen in the future.  I might need a couple therapists, a few pills, a stay in the loony bin.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I  need all of that NOW.  My point is that Lola has started throwing some serious tantrums.  YIKES.

First one?  Because of a lolly (a dum dum if you will...).  Yup.  A piece of candy made my daughter go crazy.  She wanted a lolly for breakfast.  And let's face it, on any given day, I might let her have one.  But I decided that it probably wasn't a good idea.  She threw herself on the floor and kicked and screamed (oh yeah, it was worthy of an Oscar) for about TWENTY minutes.  Lovely Blake was trying to get me to give her the lolly so she would stop.  But oh no.  I'm standing my ground.  For now.

Of course I won't go through all of her tantrums.  But last night in the tub, was pretty awesome (note sarcasm).  Mainly because when you're kicking and screaming in water, you could a.  drown or b.  get water all over the floor.  Well, I made sure she was safe.  But I couldn't keep the water from getting everywhere.  Cause of the tantrum?  She wanted more bubbles.  I laughed.  Because what else can you do?

Here are a few photos of what Lola's been up to in the last week:

Lola's tantrum in the bath!  This is only the beginning!

The things she dragged into my bathroom while I showered today.  And yeah, those are all wipes.  Somehow she got into her wipe container.  Bummer!

Sitting in her toy basket.  I apologize for the cousin ITT look.  I couldn't get her to look up!

Yeah, she put her baby in the refrigerator.  I have to admit, I was startled when I opened the door and saw a naked doll on top of the crisper.....
Ahhh....Lola.  It's a good thing you're so cute! :)  But for right now, I'm rocking out to Tom Petty (in my head).  I will stand my ground.  And I won't back down.

6 comments:

Gentry Sanders said...

Ah, the joys of raising a girl. I am glad you're able to laugh at these things. Good luck!

Rebecca said...

Apparently Lola and Nigel were cut out of the same cloth this week- only Nigel is 8!!! His Oscar worthy screaming performance happened at Walmart (of course) and was also over candy. He was so good even the check out lady was trying to give him free candy. I held my ground too. We mean moms have to stick together!

Anonymous said...

Looks like we are in the same stage...your Lola post was not to far after my Julianna post. I love the baby in the fridge part. That would freak me out!! Is that the same baby that was floating in the bath once upon a time?? She's been through a lot!

The Clayburn Family said...

I'm sorry to agree with you that 3 is worse than 2. I hope things get better. Of course though, everything is worse since you are single handed these days. Hopefully your house will sell, you can rejoin Billy and life will become peaches and cream!!

NowSoLA Vintage said...

sounds like you've got a little diva on your hands. lol. hope things get better & good for you!
btw...loving the Florence & Machine addition to the music roll!!! I LOVE HER!!!

Rosemarie said...

Ah.....this too shall pass.