Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blogaversary!

My blog turned ONE today!  So please join with me in singing.....happy birthday to you!  Happy birthday to you!  Happy birthday dear BLOG!  Happy birthday to you!  Thank you.  My blog is much obliged!  So I seriously can't believe my blog was born one year ago (so is this a birthday or an anniversary?  I guess it's a birthday....)!  It seems like I've been blogging my whole life!  Ha!  Okay, I'll be serious now.  I LOVE my blog!  I have learned a lot and I've had a lot of fun!

Here are some things I've discovered over the course of the year:

1.  People like to read blogs but a lot of times they don't comment.  Shame, shame, shame (I know your name)!  I'm a wee bit disappointed in the decrease in comments on my blog.  It gives me a slight complex! ;)  But as long as people are reading, I guess I'll let it slide!

2.  I still don't understand what it means to "follow" a blog.  I'm glad I have followers and I TOTALLY follow other blogs.  However, I wish it meant something.  Like that I would get a notification of when a new blog is posted or something like that.  Or maybe that happens and I'm too daft to figure it out!

3.  My blog view count is over 12,000!!!  The goal I set for my first year was 10,000.  So I topped that by a bit!  And don't laugh at me if your blog receives WAY more views than mine.  Because right now, I'm thinking over 12 thousand is pretty darn good! :)

4.  I love reading other blogs!  That's my favorite part about all of this......BLOG STALKING!  Look out.  YOU might be next!

5.  And that is all.  I was encouraged to start a blog for a REALLY long time.  I'm glad I finally started it.  Because then I got to make one of these:


Yay for Blurb.  But I should add a number 6.  And I should tell you that making the blurb book was a BIG, HUGE, GIGANTIC pain in my side.  For reals.  But I love it.  And I'm glad I went through that (kinda) in the end.

Thank you all for being faithful readers!  Thank you for commenting!  Thank you for writing your own blogs!  I promise I will keep blogging to my heart's content!  And that will probably be for a LONG time! :)  You're welcome!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, so I am totally jealous of your awesome book. almost makes me want to start writing a blog, but I'm not nearly as witty as you. Bravo, dear sister! and Happy Birthday, blog!

Laura Jansson said...

I am WAY jealous! I want my blog to be a book like that, but I'm gonna have to wait for a little more Moolah to do that :) BTW, if you "follow" a blog, you can totally get alerts from blogger. When you are signed into your Gmail account, look at the top where it says "Reader". If you "follow" someone's blog, it should be alerting you to when they update--as long as they are a private blog. (For instance, you show up on my reader list when you update, but mine wouldn't show up on yours since it's private). I hope that makes sense. FB message me if I confused you & I"ll try to explain it better. Happy Blogaversary!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I will NEVER have one of those. It looks awesome though! Bring it in March please!

Gentry said...

Happy B-Day, Yadon blog! I also wish I had the enthusiasm and wit to blog like you. I would be afraid it would turn into a big whine fest on my part. And I stand by the golden rule, so...

{natalie} said...

i agree that blurb books are a pain to make. i am half way through 2010 and have lost motivation. sorry i am a bad commenter!

The Clayburn Family said...

Happy Blog-a-birthday! Love reading your blog. Keep up the GREAT work!!

Casey Wallace said...

Oh my gosh, I'm totally gonna do one of those books! I wonder how many pages five years of blogging would cover??? This could be a big job. But I love yours! Happy blog birthday!

Kelsey said...

I follow blogs, too, and all I've been able to figure out is that they then show up in your blogger dashboard newsfeed. So if you go to blogger.com, you'll see a list of all the blogs you're following and can see if there are updates. It doesn't work for private blogs, though. They will still show up in your "follow" list, but you have to actually click on each one to see if there are updates.

Rosemarie said...

You youngun's!!! That is so much cooler than my icky little paper journal. You got pictures and everything. SUPER!!

Tara said...

Sarah, I will totally do your Blurb book if you want me to next year! I LOVE Blurb. Seriously, it's my favorite hobby! Love your blog, and you :)

*A* said...

I'm so glad you have a blog! Its totally fun to read and I actually laugh at loud at times. That's always fun:-) I've noticed a decrease in blog comments on mine as well, no fun! Love you

dstrytruitt said...

Your blog is quite enjoyable and the book is a great idea!
Please continue to keep us all informed!

The Miranda's said...

I love it! I can't wait to make a book adventually..i'm so close, but I have to find some more pictures!