Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Front Row Joe!

I know....it's been ages since I've posted photos from a Pacers game!  And my name isn't really Joe.  But seriously.  This was a BIG moment and has to be blogged!  First of all, it was my first game of 2011.  Second of all, it was my brother's first NBA game EVER.  Like EVER, EVER!  So last weekend, he drove up and we went to a game.

Highlights of the game:

1.  The Pacers WON!!!  I've been to several games and I was starting to think I brought them bad luck.  They never won when I was there.  Until Friday.....

2.  For Adam's first game, we got to sit ON THE COURT!!!  I know I have been lucky enough to sit court side at one other game.  But this time, we were RIGHT there.  A little left of the hoop.  Yeah.  We were that close.  THANK YOU, ALAN!!!!!!

3.  We got there early (of course....I love watching warm-ups).  The Trailblazers were warming up right in front of us.  Like seriously so close that I could have touched them (and I was tempted). Or at least had a pleasant conversation (which I also wanted to do...but figured it wasn't a good time for idle chit chat...).  I had to settle for the smile I got from Rudy Fernandez.  He showed off a little for me.  My brother agreed (after looking around and confirming that I was the only girl in the immediate area).  Yeah.  I caught the eye of a player.  And he is cute.  Like really cute.

4.  The best part of the night?  Hands down.  The kiss cam.  You know....the camera that goes around embarrassing couples and making them kiss on the big jumbo tron.  Well, I was lucky enough to sit next to my friend Nedra and her husband, Dustin.  They were on the kiss cam first.  And since the camera crew was sitting directly in front of us (no lie), Adam and I knew we were next.  AWKWARD!  So yeah, the camera moved to us.  Adam shouted, "NOOOOOO."  I laughed.  I turned red.  I tried to tell the guy we were related.  Still, the camera lingered.  The crowd booed.  Yeah.  They don't take kindly to people who don't "perform" on the kiss cam.  GROSS.  The people around us laughed after we told them we were brother and sister.  Adam explained that just because we are from Kentucky, doesn't mean we should be on the kiss cam!  Irony?!?  I've been trying for AGES to get on the kiss cam.....with Billy.  Of course the one opportunity I have, I'm with my brother.  And I look like a BIG, REALLY BIG idiot.  C'mon......

And of course I have to post a bunch of photos!  Man, I love going to basketball games.  I'm so thankful for wonderful friends who totally hook us up!  Beth and Alan, this post is dedicated to YOU! :):)


Fernandez.  Maybe I just like dudes with beards?!?  ;)

Another shot of Rudy.  See how close he was?!?

Here's looking at you, Roy!  HIB HIB HOOROY!


Tyler H.

Cute girls (Beth, Ana, Nedra....and then me)!

Tyler H (again)

After the game!


We turned around so you could see where we were sitting!!!

Mike Dunleavy


And for kicks and giggles, I took a photo of the back of this guy's head.  He prevented me from stretching my legs out.  But I wanted to show you how close we were.  This isn't zoomed. 

And of course I have a photo of us on TV.  If you look at the front row, you will see Adam in his red shirt.  I'm kind of a blur next to him (black and pink)!


 

4 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

That is so great! What is up with you getting all the great hook ups? Lucky girl!! I am glad you had a fun night out!!

Anonymous said...

How do you find these people that just give your their awesome seats??? I feel like I need to give you a ticket to a sporting event to keep up with these friends of yours! That's funny about the kissing cam!! HA!! You could have kissed him on the cheek you know!

The Miranda's said...

how awesome for you guys!

BradandMelanie said...

Hilarious about the kiss cam!!!