Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy (Heart's Day)!

What?  I'm alone on Valentine's Day?  Indeed, I am!  And I've been in pajamas all day!  Be jealous!  Or not...because if you can stay in your pajamas all day, it probably means you don't have much of a life.  And that is totally the case with me!  *tear*

Anyway, it is the day of my happy post so I will get down to business.  What am I happy about on this joyous holiday celebrating LOVE?!?  Well I can tell you one thing I'm downright NOT happy about and that is not being with my sweetheart.  Yeah.  Living apart is definitely getting old.  Okay, now I'm ready to talk about what does make me smile!

1.  Blake and I played Angry Birds for so long today that I'm currently waiting for the iTouch to charge back up (so I can play some more).....

2.  I'm eagerly anticipating the shows on my DVR.  But I'm actually anticipating the END of them.  I want to read the third Harry Potter book.  Yes, I'm now addicted to them.  But of course I have to clear off the DVR before I can get to reading.  I have my priorities straight, indeed!

3.  The bowl of Life cereal I'm about to eat.  And it's going to be a GIGANTIC bowl.  Why?  It's my Valentine's Day present to myself.  I.  Like.  Cereal.

4.  I just looked out the window and the ice is actually ALMOST all gone.  That makes me SUPER happy!  I'm beyond tired of this weather.

5.  All the facebook statuses today about people and their sweeties.  Okay, earlier, it mostly annoyed me.  Mainly because Billy and I didn't exchange gifts.  And also because I don't even get to see him.  So I was bitter at the beginning of the day.  Now I'm happy because I just totally didn't care about anything today.  As noted earlier, I sat around in pajamas.  If Billy was here with me, I probably (MAYBE) would have felt the need to look presentable.  So I guess that's why I'm happy now!  I realized being alone isn't that bad (it kinda is).  And I realized it's nice for everyone on facebook to profess their undying love for their significant others.  Hooray for love!

And for fun, I'm including a photo of me and Billy.  This is our "bubble lounge" at the Explorium in Lexington!  This photo was taken about 2 months after Lola was born!  Soooo.....February two years ago!  My how things have changed!!!

Happy heart's day to everyone out there!  Smile and be in love! :)

7 comments:

k to the dizzle said...

You should be like Creighton and I and have your own Valentine's Day another day...ours is! I'll come up and watch the kids so you can do something! I was alone most of the day too with horrid stories for you to boot! I join you in the pj-wearing, cereal-eating quest tonight, watching reruns of tv shows. I happily point out (bitterly, and sarcastically) that Valentine's Day and Venereal Disease share the same initials...yeah. that's right! I went there!

LOVE YOU BUNCHES!!!!

Gentry Sanders said...

Valentine's Day is actually Single Awareness Day or S.A.D. You're lucky to have someone in your life to love, and who loves you back. Geez I sound so SAD, but I'm really not. ;)

The Miranda's said...

Happy Hearts Day to you too!! I didn't get on facebook yesterday, so i guess I missed all the gushy stuff! I'm glad you can find some happiness in your life...angry birds makes my husband happy too! lol

Brandi said...

I know about the whole living apart thing. It's def. not any fun! I just tell myself that he is only a car-ride away. Things will get better. :)

easleyfamily said...

Sorry you were alone, but I love that you were in your sweats all day and playing angry birds! I hope you and Billy can soon live together! Missed you lots this weekend!

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

I too missed you this weekend. BIG bummer! Yes, I am jealous of your jammie day! Its pretty sad when my 3 yr old will ask me on a daily basis "Is today a jammie day?" It pretty much is every day around here. What's the point? Its cold, no where to go, nothing to do! Love your guts!

Anonymous said...

I am disturbed that when Lola was 2 months old you were TINY!!!!! Julianna is 2 YEARS old and well...nevermind. Happy Vday!