Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rock On!

Back about a week ago when I was actually able to leave my house, I had a grand time driving around listening to music.  I L-O-V-E music.  It's true.  Don't tell Billy.  He might get jealous! ;)  Anyway, on occasion, my sister (Jess) and I like to discuss the 5 greatest bands EVER.  Or should I say OUR top 5 favorite bands?  That is probably more appropriate because it would be WAY hard to name the top 5 greatest bands.  I could probably do it, though.  *wink*

My sister and I share a lot of the same tastes in music.  I pretty much agreed with how she came up with her top 5.  I could even include most of them on my list.  Except Simon and Garfunkel.  They are awesome.  I mean, who doesn't love the scandalous Mrs. Robinson?  Anyway, I DO love them.  But that's the key:  THEM.  I guess I would categorize them in the duo category not the "band" category.  Now....if they were joining someone's top 5 greatest HAIRSTYLES of all time, they would definitely land one of the top spots.  Cuz check it:

Okay, I'm getting to my list.  I'm just taking the long way to get there!  Now I poked a little fun at a genius duo.  How about a trio?  Peter, Paul, and Mary are pretty cool.  Right?  Oh wait, I don't really like them or their "magic dragon."  I apologize for getting "Puff" stuck in your head.  Seriously.  It's the last thing I want going around in my noggin!!!

Oh fine, I will list (in NO particular order) my top 5 favorite BANDS!  Don't judge me.  Or laugh at me.  Or anything like that.  Because that's just mean.

1.  311
2.  U2 or Journey.  Since it's the number 2 spot on the list, I feel two bands can easily be listed, right?
3.  Jimmy Eat World
4.  Weezer...no....Coldplay...no...The Cure...no...Our Lady Peace hmmm.....number 4 is up for grabs?!?  I clearly can't have them all, right?  Or then it wouldn't be a top 5.  I'll decide later....
5.  My Morning Jacket

Feel free to tell me your 5 favorite bands. I'm always looking for new (or old....I'm not an ageist) artists to listen to! :)  And remember...these are BANDS not duos or trios.  Or solo artists (GASP).  Definitely not solo artists!  Not that I don't like them, that's just not what I'm talkin' 'bout in this particular post! :)

Blog (or ROCK) on, my friends!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you don't agree with me about Simon and Garfunkel! But we do agree on some others, so I guess I'll let it go. But you ARE forgetting about the awesomeness of Goldfinger, or the great band that I was rocking out to in my car this morning: The Aquabats (Thanks, Layne). Also, where's Eve 6? Also also, let's go to a concert sometime...

Anonymous said...

Does Blink 182 fall into the trio category? It doesn't matter. here is my list:
1. Reel Big Fish
2. Blink 182
3. Sublime
4. Less Than Jake (before they tried to sell out)
5. The matches, err... Weezer,err... foo fighters, err... the mighty mighty bosstones, err NoFX, err...The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Oh, I can't decide. I like fun bands. I just noticed that all of my bands are from the 90's. That is totally RAD!!!
Sincerely,
BRANDON to tha bone
Oh yeah, Bone, thugs, and harmony are/is awesome.

Kristen said...

I do love me some Simon and Garfunkel...have to agree with Jess. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a list of bands. Not even a list of one. BUT, I read every word you wrote so here is my comment.

Rosemarie said...

Hey Dallas' band used to practice at John McQuade's house when John was in their band. I even have a video of them playing at a church dance. John, of course, went on to play with My Morning Jacket. John has since left that band to form his own - Ravena colt. Said he was tired of traveling thru Europe or something. Fun fact for trivia! ha ha.