Monday, November 1, 2010

Who Tricks? Who Treats?

We wanted to trick AND treat!  Well, actually we wanted to GET treats.  I LOVE candy.  Blake, of course, doesn't want to share his candy so I had to teach Lola how to say, "trick or treat."  She kinda learned.  At least she did well enough to get mama some candy!  Thank you, LOLA!!

This year for Halloween, we drove to Georgetown to go trick or treating with our dear friends, The Squire family and the Bodmer family.  This was our third year going together and it was just as fun as ever!  Lola was a ladybug and Blake was a football player.  I liked the costumes because they were free.  WOO HOO!  Here are some photos from our memorable trick or treating experience.  Oh, and yes, that is Billy in costume.  I thought he was George Washington.  But apparently he was Louis the 6th or 18th or 20th.  I don't know.....too many Louis' to keep up with!

And you know my bad luck?  Well, maybe a black cat crossed my path while we were out getting candy.  Or maybe it's still just random bad luck.  Either way, we got to Frankfort (about 11 miles from where we got on the freeway) and just parked.  Apparently a car hit a bear.  WHAT?!?!  The traffic wasn't moving so people just turned off their cars and lights (which I thought was a little dangerous).  People were out walking around.  I was busy worrying I wouldn't get my potato oles at Taco John's.  Alas, we only (and I use that word slightly sarcastically) had to sit for 45 minutes.  The kids stayed asleep and I got my potatoes.  All is right with the world!  But seriously.  A bear?  In Frankfort, Kentucky?  Now it may not be true but that's what somebody told Billy because he was stuck in the same traffic jam.  Huh.  Strange......


Lola LOVED the swing and didn't want to get out.  EVER!


Billy dressed as whoever he was (minus the wig)!



Blake as a football player!



The whole gang of kiddos!


The first house!




CUTE baby Remington and his first Halloween!  He was such a good baby!





Ivan and cute Julianna!


Jack and Ben!



Mindy, Jenny, Billy and Isabella!



Jenny and Julianna!  Love these girls!

Me and Jenny!



Mindy and Julianna, Ivan, Billy, and Jenny!  Love this photo!


By the end, Blake was done!  Good times were had by all!
And finally, here is the photo I took while sitting in traffic on the way home.  I know it's hard to see but it is a huge billboard that says," WE'RE MILES AHEAD."  Yeah, they're talking about the Cardinals....literally and figuratively!  GO CARDS!  It isn't like I don't pass by this area a million times but I'm never completely stopped right by it.  Had it been daylight, the photo would have been awesome!  Anyway, you get the idea!



2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

Again, looks like you guys had a blast with fun costumes, friends, and candy! Sorry about that "bear" in the way..lol..that's actually really funny.

Kristen said...

I love Louis/George's sunglasses. Nice. Adam also loves that billboard and comments on it everytime we pass it. Very clever pun. Makes me feel smart for having gone to UofL. :)