Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Break

Blake had a couple days off from school so we headed to.......drum roll please.........KENTUCKY!  Where else would we go?  I mean, maybe if I was able to live with my husband, we might have gone somewhere else!  However, since I don't live with my husband, I had to drive to Kentucky to be with him! 

We got to Louisville on Wednesday and enjoyed our five days of family time!  I had A LOT of fun!  Sometimes (almost every time) I stress a ton about Lola and whether or not she will sleep.  She is the world's worst traveling baby.  That kinda sounds like she's a circus performer.  But anyway, she doesn't sleep well when she isn't home and she still doesn't like the car.  Guess what?  This trip she was A......MAZING!  Blake and Lola totally rocked this trip out!

I was able to meet up with some of my closest friends from high school on Thursday.  I brought my camera but forgot to take photos.  But here is one of me and Lola before I left for dinner at Chili's!


Friday, we headed to Georgetown (which is where we used to live).  I hadn't been back to see anyone in a LONG time!  First, I surprised one of my bestest friends, Jenny!  She had NO clue I was stopping by!  It was so much fun!  I was so happy to see her and her cute, CUTE girls!  Blake and Lola loved playing with the kids!

Then we were off to see some of our other dear friends, the Risher family!  They fed us DELICIOUS chili and corn muffins for dinner and we had a wonderful time visiting with them!  Blake was also in heaven playing on the trampoline with the Risher boys!  And after we left there, we headed to the Bolton's for the night!  Oh how we love them!  We were up until 1 AM talking and having fun!  It was pretty much the best weekend ever! :)  Thank you Georgetown for making us so happy!

Saturday we had our family photos taken in Louisville.  I can't wait to see them!  Then Sunday we celebrated Blake's birthday (AGAIN).  He scored even more presents!  Then I got to drive home without my Billy.  *TEAR*  The kids fell asleep pretty much right away.  Two hours in the dark with nobody to talk to is BORING.  Thank heavens I had some Chex Mix to keep me company.  But that just made me gain weight, I'm sure.  Dumb Chex Mix (we have a love/hate relationship).


The three of us at the Squire house!


Me holding baby Jenna!




Jenna, Julianna, and Blake


Me and my cute, tiny friend, Jenny!


Lola climbing the stairs at Jenny's!



Lola wouldn't cooperate in the photos!!!


The girls loved Blake!  Julianna was so cute and loved saying, "CHEESE," for the pictures! 

So that was our fall break.  I know you're jealous! ;)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're right- I AM jealous! The Squires, The Rishers, and the BOLTONS?? Rub it in, why dontcha! Well, I'm glad you had fun! I'm extra glad that Lola did well in the car. And I'm glad you got to see Billy.
Here's hoping the house in Indy sells soon!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! So glad I made the list--phew! I need some of those pics I don't have--send them to me! It was a WONDERFUL surprise. Glad my house was actually semi-clean!

The Miranda's said...

Happy Fall Break to you and your family! You seemed to have a lot more fun than we did..maybe traveling to Kentucky for some fun wouldn't be so bad, uh!? I'm so glad you were able to see your husband for a short time! I hope you sell your house soon so you can be with him, but I kinda want to be selfish and keep you here too!