Friday, October 15, 2010

Blake IS Eight!!!!

I'm finally getting around to posting the blog about Blake's REAL birthday.  I blogged about his party.  I blogged about his birthday eve.  Now I'm finally blogging about the actual day!  And it was a great one, indeed!  He had a soccer tournament all day!  WOO HOO!  He scored 1 goal in his first game and a hat trick (3 goals) in his second game.  His team took first place in the tournament (which was called Socctoberfest...yeah, I pretty much love that name)!

Blake's day started out with 8 balloons tied to the kitchen chair and two donuts pushed together to make a number 8 (forgot to take a photo).  He loved that!  We also had streamers up and signs all over the house!  And of course he got to eat on the "birthday plate" which is quite possibly one of my favorite things ever!  Between his soccer games, his dad came over and took him to lunch!  He had fun!  Then for his birthday dinner?  He decided he wanted pad thai.  Yup!  That's my boy!

So since Blake is eight, I decided to make a list (of course).

8 things we love about Blake:

1.  His big, infectious smile.
2.  His love of sports (because I just couldn't claim him as my child if he didn't).
3.  How sweet he is with his little sister.
4.  His creativity (writing, drawing, etc....).
5.  He is such a good kid and has helped me A LOT while Billy is gone.
6.  He loves going to church and school and he often comes home teaching me a thing or two!
7.  He loves learning new things!
8.  He is pretty stinkin' cute and I love that about him!  He brightens a room and I'm so happy he's mine!

Happy birthday, Blake!  We love you!











This was his favorite present!  Go me for thinking of an Ipod shuffle!  I rock! ;)




So as you can see, he was a wee bit tired by the end of the day (or I should say, the end of the tournament).  He had a great birthday and told me it was his favorite one yet!  :)

4 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Wow! What a day! Looks like he had a wonderful day. Love the different ideas you did (especially the donut). I need to remember that for Ashton's bday in Dec.

I agree with your top "8" items. He is such a great boy and super, super cute!

Great job on the big scoring day, Blake! Happy Birthday from the Clayburn's!

The Miranda's said...

Happy Birthday Blake and congrats on your soccer goals!!!

{natalie} said...

blake is so handsome, yay for being 8!

Casey Wallace said...

Hey, Sarah. Thanks for commenting on my blog. Just added yours to my list! Looking forward to reading it. Love your header picture!

:) Casey