Monday, November 22, 2010

Veterans Day Program!

I know Veterans Day was on the 11th but I forgot to post the photos from Blake's school program.  Here are some of the things I loved:

1.  Blake had a blast singing and had been practicing the songs for AGES at home!  He even tried out for a solo part (but didn't get it, although I don't know how).

2.  I loved the music.  The kids did a really great job (2nd and 4th graders).  And mad props to their music teacher who put it together!

3.  I loved the slide show of all the soldiers who have served or are serving this country!

4.  I loved that the program was on the same night as the book fair......because I love books!

5.  The program was also the night of the art show and my little artist had a piece on display! 

Here are some things I didn't love:

1.  I was alone (with Lola).  :(

2.  Because we spent too much time at the book fair, the gym was FULL by the time we got there.  That meant I got to stand the whole time (holding Lola).  Where did we stand?  Well, behind the bleachers, of course.  Yeah, our seats were THAT good!  It didn't help that there were about 8000 people there and the gym is the size of my family room.  Just sayin'.....

3.  Standing elbow to elbow with the police officer next to me.  Not that I was breaking any laws or anything.  I just felt dumb standing so close to him....and occasionally knocking into him while trying to control Lola.

4.  The fact that it was about 150 degrees by the time the program ended.  I'm pretty sure I had never been so hot in my life.  Well, maybe once or twice.  But at that particular moment, I was super convinced I was in a sauna.  With all my clothes on.  Holding Lola.

But guess what?  It was TOTALLY worth it because Blake rocks my socks!  Here are some photos!








1 comment:

The Clayburn Family said...

That sounded like a wonderful event. I am sure I would have loved the program. Anything patriotic-y makes me melt!! And . . . what an awesome piece of artwork. I am sooo impressed. I absolutely LOVE it!!! Great job Blake!!