Thursday, November 4, 2010

Four Fabulous Years!

Four years ago, I married my Billy.  Most of the time, it seems like we have been married for A LOT longer than just four years.  I don't mean that in a bad way, we've just been through a lot in a short period of time!  Here is a list of a few things  (good and bad)  we've had to deal with!

1.  We moved from Seattle to Georgetown, Kentucky.  Then we moved from Georgetown to Noblesville, Indiana.  Now we are waiting to move from Noblesville to Louisville, Kentucky.  Yeah, that's a lot in four years.  But it isn't all bad.  We've met great people everywhere we've lived and we've made lifelong friends!

2.  Billy changed jobs when he moved from Seattle to Georgetown because it was a great opportunity.  Or so we thought.  After he changed jobs, he lost that one, then another, then another.  That's right.  He's had FIVE jobs in four years.  Poor guy.  He's worked so hard at all of them and his current position is definitely the best.  We see lots of good things in our future!  I should know, sometimes I think I have ESP or something!

3.  Because of the job changes and job losses, we had to deal with about 9 months of unemployment (which resulted in piles and piles of debt accrual).  This is definitely a big, fat negative.  But we are slowly getting back on our feet!

4.  We suffered a miscarriage and went through the pain and loss together.  Then came Lola and with her, came happiness and more love!  We are so blessed to have healthy, wonderful kiddos!  Blake and Lola are the BEST! :)

5.  We've lived apart two different times.  The first time was when Billy got a job in Indy and I stayed back in Georgetown.  That lasted from March until June.  It wasn't that bad.  And of course we are living apart now (have been since August 1st).  This time, it is much harder.  So if I seem like I'm crazy, off my rocker, heading to the loony bin, or just plain wacky, it's because I probably am.  Stress can do some crazy things to people!

So you can see why sometimes it seems we've been married for a decade (if not longer).  But through all the trials and challenges, we've still had plenty of great memories!  And this is just the beginning of our story!  Four years is nothin'!  We've only just begun!  My Billy, happy anniversary!  I kinda (really do) love your face! :)


Our wedding announcement photo!
And here are a few wedding photos!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congrats! So glad your life has been crazy and back and forth so that you could meet ME!!! I'm one of those lifetime friends, you know!

Lauren said...

Congrats! Your wedding photos are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Billy's a good guy. I'm so glad he found somebody wonderful who appreciates him for all that he is. Congratulations on making it four years. I wish you the best in all the years you have to come.

Anonymous said...

Love this post! Happy Anniversary!!!! You guys are AWESOME! Tell Billy we love him too :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry- that post is me (Rebecca) Little Ernie is logged into my computer apparently

Arien said...

You guys are so cute!

Casey Wallace said...

Happy anniversary! Praying for lots of strength and patience for you... I know how tough it is to live apart from your husband and best friend. Hang in there! Congrats on four years!!!

The Miranda's said...

happy anniversary!!! i'm glad we become stronger people through trials. let me know if you need anything!