Thursday, March 4, 2010

Distractions

Tonight is a rough night for me.  It is a rough night for a lot of people who have to say goodbye to our friend, Lee Ann.  While it is rough for me, I wish her nothing but the best in this journey!  I'm very sad knowing that I don't have her right around the corner anymore.  I'm very sad knowing that I can't just call her and tell her I'm on my way over.  I may be very sad about a lot of things.  But I'm also happy knowing she is going back to her friends and family.....to a place where she can breathe!  Lee Ann, I will miss you like crazy.  And because this is an exceptionally hard night for me, I totally need some distractions.  I decided it was time to address some things that are currently driving me crazy (and by "currently," I mean within the last couple weeks).

1.  People who still have Christmas lights up (AND PLUGGED IN!!!!!!!).  It's time to box up the ol' Santa decos......seriously.  It's starting to make me mad.

2.  Restaurants who ONLY have caffeine free Diet Coke (Chick-fil-A, I'm talkin' to you).  I know they have Coke Zero but it's not the same.

3.  Indiana drivers who think you have to drive like Mario Andretti.  Just because I live in the Indy area, doesn't mean I'm an Indy 500 driver.  Sheesh.  If I'm already driving a bit over the speed limit, don't ride my tail!!!!!

4.  Louisville losing by over TWENTY points and probably not making it to the NCAA tournament.  Awesome (totally NOT awesome).  NIT, here we come!!!!  Seriously?  I'm not on the team.  HA HA HA!  I won't be embarassed by going to the NIT, that's all U of L!

5.  My neurotic dog.  Enough said.

So while I mourn my dear friend moving away, I can easily be distracted with these annoyances.  Yeah yeah, it doesn't exactly fill the void.  But it's a start......

1 comment:

Lee said...

Miss you!! I am sad I am not going to live close to you. Thanks for mourning the loss of me. You are great! Love ya!! :)