Sunday, March 21, 2010

Me Lucky Charms!

Nope, me lucky charms are not found in a General Mills cereal box, they are found right here at home!
This is a decent photo of my "charms".....but I like this one better:

Billy looks pretty awesome with an extremely forced smile, Blake looks angry, and Lola is actually smiling!


Our St. Patrick's Day was pretty fun!  No, we aren't Irish and no, we don't drink.  But we can sure celebrate the holiday....especially when green food is an option!  And pinching people who don't wear green is also pretty cool.  I for sure noticed (as most of you did, too) that Billy wasn't wearing green.  Yes, I pinched him (at least a few times).

Blake's class at school decided to make traps in hopes of catching a leprechaun.  I thought it was a fun thing for the kidlets to do...until I found out the kidlets were bringing the traps home.  Yeah.  Home.  That means, we, the parents, had to figure out how to "trap" a leprechaun.  I got my creative juices flowing but I must have been running on empty because I couldn't come up with anything.  Well, I came up with something about five minutes before I went to bed on St. Patrick's Day Eve.  Here is a photo of the trap and the evidence that a leprechaun had indeed visited our house.
As you can see, there is a ramp for the leprechaun to climb and a rope to ensnare him.

Here is Blake posing with his trap.

Here is the note Lucky Leprechaun (aka Sarah Yadon) left Blake.

So I sprinkled some green glitter on the ramp, cut the rope that was meant to catch the leprechaun, and left the note.  We were able to deduce that a leprechaun was tempted by a picture of a pot of gold Blake had left on top of his trap.  He then got caught in the rope.  However, his knife-carrying sidekick leprechauns were able to free him.  While leaving in such a rush, the leprechauns dropped several coins from their pouches.   Oh, and if that wasn't enough, one of them left a hat behind.  Yup.  That's what happened.  For reals.  Blake had the BEST day ever because he had coinage and he caught a leprechaun (who was able to escape).  What could bring more luck than that?  He told me that night he will have good luck for the rest of his life.  Awesome.  What else can I say?

For dinner, I promised Blake brinner (our word---stolen from the TV show, Scrubs---for breakfast at dinner).  We went with green eggs and ham....except I substituted bacon for ham and I didn't dye it green.  I also made green pancakes (which looked a lot greener when cut open).  Um....yeah, it doesn't look that great but he had fun partaking!
So there ya have it.  St. Patrick's Day.....Yadon style!  And for fun, here a couple photos of Lola.  I know she's one of my lucky charms because her shirt said to kiss her for good luck.  I TOTALLY did....like A LOT! :)


5 comments:

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

you are such a cute mommy! You're kids are super cute and lucky to have you!

Lauren said...

super cute pictures of Lola. I love you idea of green breakfast. What a fun mom you are!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Don't you love the school projects that make you have to do work at home??? Isn't that why we pay taxes? I love the forced smile on Billy's face too! Good job on the brinner. Is that turkey bacon I see?? If so, that doesn't count!

Jennifer McCallister said...

How fun! I'll bet Blake will always remember that day.

easleyfamily said...

Cute as can be!!! I love making holidays big and fun for the kids!