Sunday, March 14, 2010

Springing Forward or Springing Backward????

Ahhhh, my least favorite time of year.  Or should I say least favorite DAY of the year?  I complain about this day every year.  So if you have followed my blogs for bluegrassmoms.com, you might be tired of hearing about this.  Sorry (but not really because I REALLY REALLY need to say this again and again).  But seriously, could anything mess up a child's schedule more?  Not at my house.

My complaint is valid, I think.  It was getting light earlier even before we "sprang forward."  It's true.  I have no curtains in my bedroom and the sun woke me up a lot last week.  Unfortunately the same is true for Lola.  Now her whole schedule is messed up.  I know this is only the first day of this nonsense but it's been a VERY long day and it's not even time for the hardest part:  bedtime.

Here are my arguments for why moving our clocks around a couple times a year is a...NNOYING!!

1.  It messes up Lola's schedule.
2.  It messes up Blake's schedule.
3.  It makes me VERY tired.
4.  I get irritated knowing I lost an hour of precious sleep.
5.  It is very hard to change all the clocks in the house and have them all perfectly in sync (which is a must for me).
6.  Did I mention it messes up my children's schedule?  Oh, I guess I did.....a couple times.

I will end on a positive note and say that at least this might mean the weather will consistenly be warmer.  Please, oh please, let the sun shine down on the state of Indiana.  And please, oh please, let my children go to sleep at a decent hour tonight.  Good luck to all of you, should you be experiencing the same thing!

3 comments:

Kristen Distler said...

Finally checkin out your blog! Love it! ours is www.distlerfamily.blogspot.com
You are cracking me up with your posts. I suck at writing. I mostly post pics. BTW...Lola's pictures are ADORABLE! So....how do I make an appointment with Billy and do they take my insurance?

Tara said...

Seriously. I don't get the whole "extra daylight" thing. The sun comes up when it comes up and goes down when it goes down- there is more sun during the summer and less during the winter- that happens without screwing up all of our schedules! Indiana didn't even have DS until a few years ago and I hate it! I'll rant with you anytime.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I would move to Arizona to get away from this, but who wants to live in Arizona?