Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Madness, My Winner!

Can I just say that every year my bracket finds a way to disappoint me EVEN more.  Maybe I should stop filling them out?  NEVER!  I will never give up!  Anyway, this was a year where I thought there wouldn't be quite as many upsets as in the past.  I.  Was.  Wrong.  My bracket is a disaster.  It is very obvious why they call this March madness.  It's because a.  people go completely mad when their brackets are ruined and b.  the upsets and the games themsleves are just madness.  Period.

With all that being said, I love this time of year.  But I think I've kinda made that clear in my other posts.  Just so you know, I'm not that bitter about U of L's early exit from the tourney.  I, of course, am disappointed but I didn't expect too much after such an inconsistent season.

Now I will cheer for all the underdogs.  I love cheering for the lower seeds!  Talk about crazy, right?  But once my team's out and my bracket makes as much sense as a Russian newspaper, I just have fun!  And what is more fun than watching tiny teams (like St. Mary's) beat Big East giants (like Villanova....sorry, Jay Wright, you know I love you).  Or Kansas losing to Northern Iowa?  SWEET!  I recommend you all try this.  GO GO GO all you teams with something to prove!  But seriously, while I cheer for said "tiny teams," I'm secretly hoping Syracuse wins it all.  Why?  Because in the regular season, U of L beat them.......TWICE!

In other news, I'm sure you all want to know the winner of the March madness mayhem giveaway.  After following the same "pick a winner" pattern as last week, I am happy to reveal the winner of the 1 year subscription to Fitness magazine!  It is Andra (*A*).  HOORAY!  And......since this is March madness, I had Blake draw one more name to win a 6 month subscription to ESPN the magazine.  The winner of that subscription is.....Alan Mowery!  Congrats to the winners.  :)  Sorry to the losers.  :(  Better luck next week!

**Winners need to e-mail their addresses to yadons@gmail.com.  I will take care of the rest!**

3 comments:

Alan said...

Yes!

The Miranda's said...

Alan cheated!

Unknown said...

Well, my bracket is a big ol' mess too! The first day took care of that, along with Kansas losing. However, I am a HUGE Kentucky fan and have them taking it all! (sorry sarah :) ) I love your blog, keep at it and i'll keep a'readin'!!