Sunday, February 21, 2010

Family Girl

I received a disturbing phone call from my mom yesterday.  She told me my older sister was on her way to the hospital after losing memory yesterday morning.  We were worried she had a stroke or a seizure or something!  I had to keep my composure because I'm typically very calm and collected.  I rarely every cry or go into any type of hysterics.  However, upon hearing the news, I have to admit, I became overwhelmed.  If anything happened to her, I didn't know what I would do.  I fought back tears and started saying prayers.

I'm happy to report that she is okay.  The doctors aren't really sure what is going on at this point but it wasn't a stroke.  She will go to more doctors in the upcoming weeks.  So this post is about my family.  I have four sisters and one brother and they all mean the world to me!  I will share a small something about each sibling!

1.  Alli is the oldest (I will go in order of the oldest to youngest).  She is a hair stylist, she lives in Florida, and she is FULL of spunk!  One thing that makes Alli so great is how giving she is.  She will give you anything you need, even if she doesn't have anything to give! 

2.  Beth (the sister who went to the hospital yesterday) is hilarious!  She is one of the funniest people I know.  It's hard to top my comedian self (HA HA HA HA) but she definitely does!  She is a great mom, she makes amazing hair bows, and she is a great home decorator.  She is super talented and super fabulous!

3.  Adam (poor kid....raised with FIVE sisters....it had to be rough) is awesome.  He has endured some very challenging trials and has risen above them.  I'm in awe of his strength and his courage.  We've always bonded over sports and have been very close friends our whole lives (we are the closest in age).

4.  Katie is a firecracker!  She is determined and strong-willed.  She is an amazing wedding planner.  I'm a bit jealous because after seeing the movie with Jennifer Lopez, I kinda always wanted to be a wedding planner myself!  Katie is passionate about so many things and I love when she shares these passions with us!

5.  Jess is as sweet as can be.  She is the baby of the family.  She is an excellent listener and a wonderful person.  She also makes some pretty sweet desserts (sweet as in full of sugar and sweet as in AWESOME).  I guess she has a reason since she went to culinary arts school!

My sisters and brother are definitely my best friends (and my mom and dad, too)!  I am thankful for them each and every day!  I don't know what I'd do without any of them! 

I know I promised you guys the story of Billy's proposal.  I was saving the best for last!  So on my last post of blogfest 2010, I will fill you in!  That would be tomorrow....for those of you who were blurring the days together!  :)

9 comments:

Jessica said...

so scary about your sister. I will keep her (and you) in my prayers. I've inally ventured over to our blog. Sorry it has taken me so long...I'm a major slacker! :) I'm adding you to my blog roll so I won't miss anything in the future!

stalker sarah said...

Jessica! I'm glad you stopped by! Yes, it was quite scary yesterday. I've added you to my blog list, too! I love all of your blogs! :)

Lee said...

What a fabulous family you have. I am so sorry your poor sister Beth, I hope that they can get everything figured out. That is scary when you don't know what is going on. You and your sister are in my prayers!

stalker sarah said...

Thanks, Lee Lee! Yeah, it hasn't been the best weekend ever!!! But you've really been there for me. Thank you for that!

Lyndee said...

I finally logged into the blog world again. I am loving your blog! So many fun things I have learned about you. I hope your sister is doing better.

Barney Family said...

So Sad about your sister! I love your blog though. great music and cute layout!

Anonymous said...

I left a comment on here at 7am. Where is it???? Anyway, I wanted to know more about your sister. And since I am one of the lucky few who you will talk to on the phone, I will call you tomorrow.

Rebecca said...

Hey Sarah!! I'm so excited your blogging, I can't wait to see what the Yadons are up to :) I am so sorry about your sister, I hope everything turns out ok. Loves to you and Billy and Blake and Lola!

Anonymous said...

I wish your sister the best. Hang in there.