Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Two Cents Tuesday!

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you star-crossed lovers (ugh...I hate that word) out there!  Or hey, even if you aren't in looooooove....happy Valentine's Day anyway!  And on that note, I'd LOVE to point out something that drives me CRAZY!  People with Christmas decorations STILL up, I'm talking to YOU!!!

Okay so I usually don't judge people who leave their Christmas lights up because sometimes people just do that.  But your candy cane pathway lights, giant snow globes, ornaments hanging on trees in your front yard, CHRISTMAS TREES, and window decorations REALLY need to come down.  Normally (sometimes) I feel bad because it's so bitterly cold in the winter and not a bucket full of fun to be out there taking down decorations.  But guess what, folks?  It's been a MILD winter.  That means there really is NO excuse.  Well, I guess I would be okay listening to some excuses.  But as far as I can see right now, there are only a couple good ones I'd understand!

I'm getting tired of driving through my neighborhood and seeing Christmas stuff all around.  It's Valentine's Day.  By St. Patrick's Day, all that stuff better be down!  And I'd like to see it replaced with some shamrocks, blarney stones, pots of gold at the end of rainbows, or something.  I'm begging and pleading!

It feels good to get that off my chest.  Even if it is Valentine's Day.  Maybe I'm a tad grumpy because my love is gone and my running injury has got me down.  Or maybe it's just THAT annoying to leave your Christmas decorations up nearly TWO months after the holiday.  Sheesh.  And....that's my two cents!

Oh and here's a picture of our Valentine's Day brinner (breakfast for dinner)!  The kids loved their pink (needed a tad more food coloring), heart-shaped pancakes, bacon, and strawberries!


1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Okay, I read this post a while ago but my other tablet type computer couldn't take responding. HATE TO SEE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS after new year. I mean, not that I don't love Christmas, but let's get on with it! Time to celebrate the rest of the year. I swear the town I live in has not got that memo either,it takes them FOREVER to take down those lights on the lamp post! Thanks for venting, I feel your pain!