Monday, February 20, 2012

Not a Happy Post...Just a Regular Ol' (WHY ME?) Post!

I decided I am not going to write a happy post tonight, as my title states.  This has not been an awesome day so instead of pretending like all is peachy keen-like, I'm going to tell it how it is! :)

Most of my day was spent wishing my dumb leg didn't hurt so bad.  I was supposed to run 6 miles today.  I made it about 4.7 (running, walking, stopping for stretches) before I could go no more.  I absolutely HATE not being able to train.  But today taught me that I'm going to have to take a little break.  I've got to let this stinkin' psoas heal and then I will continue training.

So since the day started off like that, it wasn't a good sign.  While out running errands, I felt myself sticking my tongue out at the BMWs and Range Rovers that were passing me.  Yeah.  I wish I had enough money to buy a car like that.  Shoot, I wish I had enough money to get my windshield replaced.  I'm tired of being in the "cracked windshield club."  I also found myself cursing the happy couples around me.  I mean....geez, is it too much to ask to actually LIVE with your husband?  BLAH.  Then I spent the aftternoon wishing my creative juices would come back to me.  Apparently I drained them, unknowingly.  I really want to work on my book but I haven't had the drive lately.  Speaking of drive...I also stressed out about driving my car all the way to Florida for our Disney vacation in March.  I'm hoping it can make the trip.  And I'm hoping I still have good roadside assistance! ;)

Sure, my thyroid is out of whack.  It could be the reason for this emotional roller coaster I'm currently riding.  So I apologize for making it seem like I need a dose (or several) of happy pills.  What I am doing for myself, my family, and the general population....is going to get my blood taken tomorrow morning.  My life will be a MILLION times better (I'm sure of it already) when my dosage is correct.  But until that happens....I guess tonight will be full of highs and lows.

I always like to mention when I'm being a big baby and whining (and yes....I would like some cheese with my w(h)ine) that I know things could be worse.  I'm so thankful that my problems, while large to me at the moment, are really small in the whole scheme of things.  I think.  I was on WebMD for like an hour last night and I could have any number of dreaded diseases.  But without insurance, I guess I'll just keep on worrying myself sick (literally).

In happy news, I'm posting several pictures from the Pacers game last weekend (not this last Saturday...but the one before that...heaven forbid I look at a calendar).  My sister, Beth came into town and we were lucky enough to have our dear friends hook us up with tickets.  And honestly?  While I'm typing this....I feel myself getting happier!  We started the night in row 7 but Alan was able to move us down to the court at halftime.  We sat right next to the basket.  That means that I handled the ball THREE times.  Yes,  that's right.  THREE times.  Once, I caught the ball and handed it to a ball boy.  Once, I caught it and tossed it to the ref.  And once, oh once, I handed the ball to ROY HIBBERT!  My heart was racing for a good long while after that!  He's my favorite player on the team.  So that pretty much made my night (and week...and month...and you get the idea).

I also thought it was cool to cheer the players on when they were right in front of me.  I had to make sure they knew I was familiar with all of their names.  I think Beth was a little embarrassed.  And I think the camera guys next to us thought I was a certified nut job (which I am...let's face it).  And after all that.....on our way to the elevator, we ran into George Hill.  Yeah, one of my other favorite players.  I tried to be discreet about taking his picture with my phone while he jabbered with his friend.  But the flash went off so I think he knew what was going on.  I wish I had been brave enough to pull the sharpie out of my purse (yes, I always carry one with me for situations like this) and ask him for his autograph.  *SIGH*

Anyway, here are the pictures.  I'm glad I told the story of the game.  Now I'm much happier!  Perhaps I should erase all the other sob story stuff? NAH.  I have to remember ALL my crazy!

Hope you have a happy week...full of sunshine and stuff!  :)

*I should point out that the picture below is of David West's legs.  His left calf has a tattoo that says "CARPE."  The right calf, of course, says "DIEM."  I think I should have followed his advice today.  Eh?  Maybe tomorrow....*





3 comments:

Cecilia said...

Hey,

Such a stinky day although you have now made me feel a little guitly for not running ANY miles & not having a bum foot to boot. Sigh...I can't imagine how hard it is for you right now. I need to make sure I didn't miss any post so I can see what is going on with hubby & you & if there is any possibility in the near future that you can be residents in the same state. Sending my love!

Anonymous said...

Sarah--I hate for any of my kids too have so much to deal with (that's just my mama bear coming out--can't help it), but I know you are strong and courageous and in the end, everything will work out. I have you in my constant prayers. Love you! Mommy Kay

The Miranda's said...

I'm in the cracked windshield group, so please don't get it fixed! lol..and I do still have Christmas decorations up..i mentioned it to beto every day he is home, but he doesn't have a super long ladder to get on our roof, so i'm stuck till he goes to work and gets one! lol..i hope your leg starts to feel better! i miss your face in class!