Monday, February 13, 2012

HAPPY! :)

I think I should do a sarcastic happy post after everything that went wrong today!  Alas, I'm gonna pull some awesome things out of the seemingly pile of garbage day I had!  WOO HOO for positive mental attitude (which we abbreviated as PMA in my cheerleading days.....feel free to use it)!

1.  My shins didn't hurt much at all on my five mile run (I won't talk about the fact that I have since pulled my psoas muscle and can barely walk, bend down, lift, or generally MOVE at all now).  I am pretty sure my body hates me.  And I'm pretty sure my body should know that I'm stubborn and I WILL win this battle.  I will run this stinkin' mini marathon in April!!!

2.  Louisville ALMOST beat the number 2 team in the country.  But then they lost by 1.  I was happy.  Then I was sad.  :(

3.  This isn't going too well, is it?  Okay.....let's see....my kids are pretty awesome.  And on the first day of two weeks without Billy, they were both very well behaved!  Thank you, Blake and Lola for saving the day!

4.  I lost some more weight.  That's always good, right?  I should be to my target before race day, for sure! :)  That is, unless I start eating everything on earth to distract from the stress and frustration of this darn injury!

5.  Blake did great at basketball practice.  And Lola and I had fun with (her imagination) Lightning McQueen and Mater.  They were all over the gym and nobody even knew! :)

Keepin' it real, folks.  And always trying to stay happy!  Have a wonderful week and stuff!

1 comment:

billy said...

I love it when Lola says that Lightning McQueen is coming over. How cool would it be if he showed up for reals! Blake you rock the house!

I miss you guys!