Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two Cents Tuesday!

Well, due to the OVERWHELMING number of comments and suggestions from last week, I don't even know where to begin.  Oh wait, that didn't happen?  Right.  Okay.  Well I did receive ONE e-mail suggestion so I'm going to give my opinion on the topic that was suggested!  I am aware that this is an opinion blog so I can easily come up with my own posts.  I just thought it would be fun to see if any of us share the SAME opinions.  On anything!

Anyway, not to drone on and on about social media outlets.  But tonight, I'm going to write about Facebook.  I try to steer clear of status updates that are long, too depressing, or that share WAY too much information.  I mean seriously people, isn't Facebook all about connecting with people and having fun?  We don't want to hear that your life is in shambles.  EVERY day.   There are professionals who can help you deal with that.  Just putting that out there.

I know I'm guilty of little over-shares.  But I've really tried to stop doing that....especially on Twitter and Facebook.  If you notice I'm ever in violation of the things listed above, you have my thumbs up to give me a kick in the rear.  I would hate to be the pot calling the kettle black, ya know!

So my suggestion when you're trying to come up with an update?  Well, if you're gonna be a Debbie Downer, just don't update your status.  I sometimes go days or a week at a time before an update.  Is it because my life is in turmoil?  Maybe not (but maybe....).  It could just be that I had a bad day and instead of venting to my 500+ friends, I want to keep it to myself or only share with close friends and family.  Or perhaps I'm having trouble coming up with something witty to say.....

And that's my two cents!

*Side note* I apologize for my excessive updates about sports.  I kind-of love everything football, basketball, soccer, baseball, U of L, etc....So I can't help it.  Maybe I need to seek help from the aforementioned professional?!?!?!  :)

1 comment:

BradandMelanie said...

You didn't mention the status updates that just are just begging you to ask a question by being all kinds of mysterious...ugh...I hate that! (in a roll my eyes sort of way). Great job on the running...even though about the leg fracture :(