Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012!

Holy smokes, folks!  It's 2012!  I like to call it two thousand twelve.  Billy calls it twenty-twelve.  You?  What do you guys think?  Anyway, this is my first post of the brand new year.  Twelve days in and I'm just now getting around to it!  Mainly because it took me 22 years (roughly) to create my 2011 blog book.  Then another 22 years (slight exaggeration) to change the look of my blog.  I like to do that once a year!  You know, a new year should have a new look and some new tunes!  I did that for you, my readers!  You're welcome....unless you don't like it.....then I'm sorry!  ;)

Here are a few things we've been up to:

1.  Lola got into her Buttpaste (yes, that is the product name) and used it like a tube of lotion.  She rubbed it ALL over her face, all over her hair, and all over her princess dress.  She also managed to get a good-sized portion on the carpet.  Oh.  Happy.  Day.  I was too angry to take a picture.  Looking back, I wish I would have snapped a quick photo.  Anyway....she still kinda looks like a greaser.  That stuff is a BEAST to get out of hair.

2.  Blake had his first basketball game on Tuesday.  His team won 25-3.  He scored 17 points.  You do the math.  Future professional baller?  Mmmm......maybe.  If soccer doesn't work out, we know which sport to pursue next! :)  He was really lighting it up out there!

3.  I can't change the main picture on my blog because apparently I've "exceeded the number of photos I can upload."  Thank you, Google and Picasa.  That is also the reason I will not be posting any photos from Blake's basketball game.  I'm working on getting this all sorted.  A blog with no pictures is bound to get boring.  Though perhaps being inundated with photos is annoying, too.  Things that make you go hmmm.....

4.  I've written almost TWO chapters in my new book!  Hooray for slight motivation!  I'm getting there!

5.  Billy and I have started our mini marathon training.  Week one was NOT uber successful but we'll get there.  We have until April 28th.  That's enough time, right?  :)

6.  I will be attending Zumba tomorrow for the first time in my life.  If you don't hear from me again, you'll know what happened (i.e. it kicked my trash).

Things I will be getting into this year on the blog that is Simply Sarah:

1.  I'm going to start doing the "HAPPY" blogs again.  I probably won't do them EVERY Monday.  But I'll do them more often than I did last year.  I'm gonna go ahead and say that this WILL be a better year!  Positivity goes a long way......RIGHT?!?

2.  I'm going to do an opinion blog every (hopefully) Tuesday called Two Cents Tuesday.  I know you are all interested in my thoughts on things!  If not, then you might want to call it Tune Out Tuesday.

3.  I want more people to read my blog.  How do I do that?  Suggestions?  Become funnier?  Use less photos?  Write shorter blogs?  Forget about it and accept that I will never be as popular as those "other" bloggers! ;)

That's about it, my friends!  I'm looking forward to this year!  I have a lot of things going on and I'm ready to tackle them all!  Hope your year is going well so far! :)

6 comments:

The little brother said...

Love the blog, love the pic...except for the red thing on the ground. Cats are so much cooler than cardinals.

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to read your book! And the only solution (which I'm sure you tried) that i've ever heard for a Vaseline/Desitin/Butt Paste hair disaster is to rub in lots of cornstarch to absorb the oil. Love your new background :)

nana dawn said...

always love youar funny comments...and pics of course! especially of lola and the B- boy!! thanks for the pics....and the artisy one of blake in the 3 pics!!! love it,,, cutest boy ever,,,of course i'm a proud nana

Anonymous said...

I love your blog so much that i am commenting one handed. How does that make you feel? Blake is amazing! When you move back i am sure my girls would love to cheer him on at agame. That won't embarass him at all! Sorry about the butt paste. That sucks. Oh and fewer pictures is never the answer. Also my blog is now private and i left you as my only reader!

*A* said...

Glad you're back to blogging!!!

Arien said...

People just stop using their blogs....other media is more important to them so I am glad you update yours!!!