Friday, May 14, 2010

Our Fish Called Mike!

Mike?  Who names a fish Mike?  I'll tell ya......BLAKE MATTHEWS does.  Remember the school carnival we went to a while back?  Remember how upset he was that he didn't win a fish?  Well, this is our fish.  First Blake named him Cesc (after his favorite soccer player).  Then he decided he liked Mike better.  So Mike it is.

Let me tell you a little about this fish.  He's crazy.  For reals.  I've never had a fish like him.  He follows after two other Betta fish we have owned.  Wanda (yes, we had a fish called Wanda) lived over a year and traveled all over the country.  She rocked.  Then there was Didier (my favorite soccer player).  He wasn't so cool.  Not so cool at all.  He didn't live very long.  At all.  Now we have Mike.

Mike goes nuts when we enter the room.  I guess he can feel the floor shake when we walk around (like we're giants or something).  He puffs his face out when we approach the bowl. I love the attack mode.  We aren't scared of him!  When we feed him, he splashes out of the bowl to retrieve the food.  Yeah.  Weird.  Then, if you are standing by the bowl, you can hear him eat.  WHAT A PIG!  He is quite entertaining.  I think he's a better pet than our dog.  And by "I think,"  I mean "I KNOW" he is a better pet than our dog!

So that's Mike.  He's not just a fish.....he's a friend!  HA HA!  Just kidding.  He's only a fish! ;)  But he is pretty cool!

5 comments:

The Miranda's said...

Mike! That is awesome! And that is pretty cool that he can do all those things to entertain all of you..I wish I had a Betta that would jump out of the water!

Rebecca said...

Ok. That is seriously hilarious! What a unique fish! And I love that Blake named him Mike.

{natalie} said...

that's my dad's name.

blake is hilarious.

our fish is dead and we haven't replaced him and my kids keep saying things like, "remember that fish we had....."

Heather VanHoose said...

i had a fish once that was pretty crazy...I named him Nutz (with a "z" of course) :)

Anonymous said...

Really??? A fish does all that? My kids would love that! I want it on video though.