Sunday, May 16, 2010

Let The Concerts Begin!



There is something I learned last summer about living in this place called Noblesville, Indiana.  Three words:  Verizon Wireless Center.  Yeah.  Anybody heard of it?  Well, if you're reading this from, say, Utah, you probably haven't.  But around here, everybody knows what I'm talkin' about.  What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?  Ha!  Had to do it!  Anyway, I live oh, about 2 minutes away from said Verizon Wireless Center.

So last night kicked off the first major concert of the season.  There may have been others while we were out of town.  But last night brought Jimmy Buffett and all the following "parrotheads."  It also brought lots of traffic and loud noise!  We live so close to the Center, we could actually hear music and the crowd cheering last night.  Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining.  I love a good concert!  And while not a huge Buffett fan myself, I've been known to get down to "Cheeseburger in Paradise" every now and again!

Anyway, when there are concerts around here, I have learned that I must have many alternate routes to getting home.  Why?  Because getting stuck in the freeway traffic (with concert goers) around here is madness!  So if I want to go to the mall this summer (on the weekend), I better have lots of ideas on how I'm going to get there AND get back home.  Sitting in traffic is so not cool.  I know you all can feel me on that one!

I've also decided that I need to go to a concert this summer.  It's been way too long.  And yeah, I might be kinda old for all that.  WHAT?  I'm never too old for a concert!  Sheesh.  So let the concert season begin, I say.  Oh, and here is my dear friend, Rochelle and her sweetie, Aaron.  They rocked that Buffett concert last night like it was nobody's business!!!

6 comments:

{natalie} said...

i hope i'm never too old for a concert.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we did have so much fun! Guess what? I want to be the one to take you to your first concert in such a long time! We WILL have a lot of fun! The 30's have been the best years of my life and I plan to continue to make them awesome. While doing this, I want YOU to do the same! ;)

Barney Family said...

So we were out of town last night! Now talk about close we live across the street. Last weekend it was Pearl Jam and we were bummed we couldn't hear it. I guess I shouldn't speak so soon.

Rebecca said...

I love the Verizon Wireless Center! We saw a number of concerts there while we lived in Indy. my favorite was Dave Matthews Band.

easleyfamily said...

Fun! Nice to live so close...you get the FREE concert! Enjoy it while you can before you move to Utah :) Tee hee, that's how rumors get started :)

Lady Redux said...

Tracy, my boyfriend's mom, goes to concerts ALL the time and would totally agree with the "never too old for concerts" statement. :)