Monday, December 5, 2011

This Just In (Kinda.....)!

Faithful blog readers.....you may remember me mentioning the band, My Morning Jacket.  Right?  If you don't, well, remember the name from now on.  Why?  Because they are awesome.  Did they just get a Grammy nomination for best alternative album?  Um yeah.  Yeah, they did.  Do they deserve to win?  Um yeah.  Yeah, they do.  I realize I'm a few days late reporting this (as my blog title signifies).  But better late than never, right?!? :)

Most of you know that the bassist, Two Tone Tommy, is a good friend of mine.  He made my senior year of high school TONS of fun and for that, I'm very thankful!  I'm also very thankful that over the many, many years since graduation (yes, I'm pretty old), we have stayed in touch and have remained friends.  Of course, I haven't seen him much lately, as he's been on tour following the huge success of the release of their new album.  Circuital is amazing!  You should have a listen.  I still jam out to it (yes, air drums and air guitar are often played) all the time!  I promise it's a most wonderful treasure!

So a big ol' cheers to the Best.  Band.  Ever.  You guys deserve the Grammy nod.   You deserve the win.  Then we can all have a Victory Dance (pun intended)!  I'm very proud of ya, Tommy!  You guys super rock!

2 comments:

easleyfamily said...

YOU super rock!!!

NowSoLA Vintage said...

You guys look great in this pic! I love MMJ & am bummed I didn't stay in touch with Tom after high school. I'd love to see them live out here in LA! I still have all kinds of funny frog drawings he did, for some reason my mom saved them in a box for me...little did she know he'd be a famous rock star someday :-)
They do deserve the Grammy cause your right, THEY ROCK!!!