Monday, May 2, 2011

DETROIT.......

We spent the weekend in a suburb of Detroit.  Blake had a soccer tournament so we all hit the road on Friday afternoon!  It was downhill (mostly) from there.  The hotel, while appearing aesthetically pleasing upon entering, was really pretty disgusting.  And when I say, "pretty disgusting," I really mean TOTALLY NASTY.  I mean, if anybody thinks it's cool to pay 85 bucks for a loud, flea infested, 70s style hotel, then raise your hand.  Oh, yeah.  I didn't think anyone would agree.  Let me run down a list of things that happened to us in Livonia, Michigan.

1.  The night we arrived, our room was right by the stair door.  The door didn't close properly so it was banging shut over AND over AND over AND over all night (and morning) long.  We didn't get any sleep.

2.  I slept with Lola the first night.  When we woke up, she was seriously turned sideways in the bed, pushing me off.  She moved ALL night.  Not that I was asleep due to the door issue mentioned earlier.

3.  When I woke up (with Lola sleeping sideways and the door banging loudly outside our room), there was a flea on my arm.  Yeah.  A flea.  I thought I must be imagining the "bug is definitely on me" feeling.  Alas, I wasn't.  I caught it and killed it.

4.  We asked to change rooms.  We did.  YAY....??????

5.  Not YAY.  It turned out that a wedding took place at the hotel that day (don't get me started on that).  Our new room was right above the reception hall.  Starting at 11 PM, the clean-up crew was doing their best at winning the loudest people on earth contest.  I seriously thought someone was bowling down there.  Until I figured out what it was.  It also wasn't quiet when they would wheel out the trash to the dumpster (conveniently located outside our balcony).

6.  We had to wake up at 6 AM for a 7:00 soccer game the next morning.  My eyes were red.  I could barely see the game.  My consecutive 5 hours of sleep for two nights wasn't working out for me.

7.  It rained and it was very cold during the game.  And it was very cold and windy for the two games on Saturday.

I'm happy to report Blake had an awesome goal in his first game (the team lost).  And he had two assists in the second game (the team won).  The last game was hopeless.  I'm pretty sure the kids they played were 16.  It was beyond ridiculous why they played in Blake's division.  Needless to say, they creamed all their opponents.  Including Noblesville United (Blake's team).

Then we came home.  And I celebrated having a relatively quiet home.  Without fleas.  I should also mention we had fun hanging out with our friends (outside of the hotel).  And I have to say that our lovely (sarcasm) hotel didn't even offer free internet services.  Just icing on the cake, people...... ;)

Here are some action shots of Blake.  I know some of them (a lot of them) are blurry!  Sorry!  The first picture is the only one I took of the Saturday game (when he wore his white jersey).  The rest are from the later Saturday game and the Sunday morning game  (in his black jersey)!














4 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Oh my word! What a memorable weekend!!We stayed in a hotel last weekend and it was just about as good as yours. Bummer for crappy overpriced hotels.

Blake looks like a soccer rockstar though!!

Do you live in Noblesville? What ward are you in??

Rebecca said...

I hate Detroit and I've never even been there. My disdain for the city comes directly from Ernie. I'm glad Blake played well!

Gentry said...

I hope you were able to get some kind of compensation (if you complained to the motel manager). I bet that was one classy wedding.

The Miranda's said...

lol..nice hotel description...and I'm pretty sure your Blake is gonna be a real soccer star! and when that happens, can I have an autograph for free please!