Monday, May 23, 2011

HAPPY! :)

I had the great pleasure of driving to St. Simons Island in Georgia over the weekend!  My mom and sister went with me and we had a wonderful time!  The occasion?  My dear friend, Julie was getting married!  The journey was long (about 12 hours) but SOOOOOO worth it.  I needed a break.  And now I'm home.  Were my kids happy to see me?  Well, Blake was.  Lola was upset I came home and ruined her father/daughter bonding.  Huh.  Anyway, I was happy to see them!  Here is a list of 5 things that made me happy while on my vacation.  I should also mention that getting a third degree sunburn (at least that's what I'm calling it) is the worst thing about the trip.  And yeah, I should have listened to my mom and applied sunscreen.  Needless to say, I will be happy when it goes away and I can sleep again at night!  Okay, on with the happy.....

1.  I got to see several dear friends from high school and it was awesome.  It also made me happy to be able to attend the wedding of two friends!  I love people in love.  For reals.

2.  Subway sandwiches.  I say this because I ate there three days in a row....for lack of anything better when on a diet while traveling.  For the record.....I don't want a Subway sandwich anytime soon.  Even if they are delicious and they made me happy!  I give mad props to Jared, the Subway dude, for eating there every day for a bajillion years.

3.  Seeing the ocean.  And swimming in the ocean.  Well, by swimming, I mean walking out into the water and standing there.  That's about all I did in the ocean.  There were a lot of people there and I'm not too fond of parading around in my bathing suit.  If you catch my drift.  But I did enjoy being on the beach!

4.  Getting a break from life was pretty nice.  However, I was a little concerned the world would be ending on the 21st.  I wasn't with my hubby and kids.  Which was slightly disappointing.  But at least I had my mom and sister.  And some rice cakes (also a dieting girl's best friend).  Since the rapture thingy didn't happen and we're all still here, I guess I really had nothing to worry about!  And escaping my 24/7 mothering duties was just what I needed.  Thank you, Billy! :)

5.  Spending quality time with family.  It was fun.  And we did a lot of shopping.  And we did a lot of walking.  And talking.  And laughing.  It was amazing!  Thanks, gals!  We made some pretty great memories!









4 comments:

Gentry said...

Okay, Sarah. I think you need an intervention about this whole, "I'm so fat" thing because, girlfriend, you look great! You should be celebrating your sexy!

*A* said...

I miss your guts! I miss the way Beth would say my name too. I can't really describe it, but her nic and gibbons girls had a unique way of saying it and I loved it! Random 12 yr olds memory:-)

Cecilia said...

So fun. I love St. Simon's Island. You do look great. Very funny about the Jared and subway but that's the way to go on road trips...

Amy C. said...

Great pictures! So pretty down there. And knock off the diet talk - you are a skinny mini!!