Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Against The Wind!

Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, Lola and I take a 4 mile walk.  And when I say Lola and I take a walk, I mean, I push the giant stroller and she relaxes in said giant stroller.  Anyway, on Tuesday and Thursday we take a shorter walk around the neighborhood.  So M, W, and F are definitely the most entertaining!

Today was tough because on the way home from our adventure, I was pushing the giant stroller against the wind.  I apologize directly for getting the Bob Seger tune stuck in your head for an indefinite amount of time.  It's still in mine!  But back to topic.....today was a challenge and I liked it!  We also saw many interesting things and I thought I should surely share these things with the rest of the world!

-We saw a giant hawk.  And I mean a hawk so big that I was afraid Lola's fruity Cheerios would lure him over to attack us.  I found myself veering more and more to the middle of the path.  And then I found myself as far away from the hawk as I could be.  I know I have an overactive imagination.  I didn't sleep well last night so don't judge me! ;)  I'm happy to report the hawk didn't pester us at all.

-We saw 8 or 9 random bales of hay on the side of our path.  It would have been perfect, had I brought my farm animal on our walk this morning.  But...I had to leave him home this morning! ;)

-We saw the Paradise Bakery delivery truck.  AGAIN!  Yes, I see that blasted truck EVERY Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  If you know me, you know I love Paradise cookies (and pretty much everything else there).  I don't love the thrice weekly temptations!!!

-When we turned on our less inhabited road to do my sprints (yes, pushing the giant stroller and no it isn't a jogging stroller), we saw a landscaping crew.  Of course my imagination led me to believe I would be abducted and thrown into the back of the landscaping truck.  I found myself veering more and more to the right of my path.  I'm glad to say I wasn't bothered and my sprints were done successfully.

-We saw my favorite jogging guy.  He is very friendly and he always has about 4 water bottles strapped to a strange contraption on his waist.  I see him a lot, so I know!  We love the crazy hydrating guy!

The things Lola loves:

-Airplanes.  We always have to stop a couple times and stare up to the sky until we spot a plane!
-A bus.  She does happen to LOVE a school bus.  Luckily, today, she saw one!
-Any animal we meet on the way (and yes, Lola was very excited, and not at all scared, to see the larger than life bird we saw today).

I'm convinced she will either be a bus driver, a veterinarian, or a pilot.  But that's just based on what she loves as a 20 month-old.  I'm not sure it will stick! ;)

The thing I missed today:

-The elderly bicyclists who ding their bell about 82 times to let me know they are behind me.  Don't worry, folks, the slow-walking, baby-pushing lady will get OUT of your way!  And it's pretty darn cool that they have bells on their bike anyway.  So ding away....I like it! :)

Happy Tuesday everyone!  :)

7 comments:

easleyfamily said...

Thank you for sharing!!! :)4 miles...are you insane???

The Clayburn Family said...

You are on your way to crazy town doing 4 miles 3x's a week. You go girl!!!

Lauren said...

Sarah, I just want you to know that I think you are so funny. I love reading your blog. You crack me up!!

amanda said...

I'm with Nedra. You should be a writer. You pay attention to detail and you are very witty.

amanda said...

Oh and I'm serious about watching Lola. You should enjoy Blake's soccer games--at least one. Let me watch her!!!

*A* said...

You are hilarious! I love the way you write. I can see myself on the walk with you (I'd be in the stroller with Lola, that's for sure!) You need a can of mace (sp?) just in case...I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

You better be careful missy!! Stay away from the strange men. And, you should get a bell for your stroller.