Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Since He's Been Gone!

Billy started his new job in Louisville last Monday.  I've been a single mother before.  But I've never been a single mother with Lola.  HOLY COW!  She definitely challenges me!  It hasn't been a great transition for me but I can only hope it will get better now that school has started (WOOOOO HOOOOO....did I say that out loud?!?).

So here's what's happened since Billy's been gone:

1.  Two lights burned out.  I'm blonde so I can't change them.  But seriously?  I can't because they are light FIXTURES.  I'm scared of all the dead bugs and what have you that could be lying around in there.  So some places in the house will just remain dark until August 21st when my beloved comes home again.

2.  The water softener warning light came on.  What does that mean?  That means I had to haul to Lowe's and get TWO 40 lb. bags of salt.  Then I had to pour said bags of salt into the water softener.  Oh, my aching back.  Good news?  I'm married to a chiropractor.  Bad news?  I never see him.

3.  I've become the caretaker of the dog.  YUCK.  The dog wakes me up anywhere between 5 and 7 AM to go to the bathroom.  Then I have to clean up after the dog....even when she poos on the floor.  Yeah, that happened last week.

4.  Lola had a fever of 101.  She wouldn't let me put her down all day.

5.  I get to chase Lola around when Blake is at soccer practice and at soccer games.  When it's a billion degrees outside, this is not my favorite thing.

6.  I spent THIRTY minutes tonight cleaning up a huge broken glass of ice water.  Blake was messing around and dropped it.  He claims the glass was just "way too slippery."  I was pretty mad because I had to hold Lola the whole time I cleaned it up so she wouldn't step in the glass.  And why do glass shards go EVERYWHERE?  I will be picking up bits and pieces of glass for a long time to come.  Of course I had to take a photo before I started cleaning.  I thought it might make me laugh it off.  It didn't.  But here is the photo:

And that is just PART of the mess!!!

On the flip side, Billy has been working LONG hours.  He goes in at 8:30 and gets back to my parent's house around 8:30 at night.  Poor guy.  We miss him tons and can't wait until we can all live together!  This is going to be a LOOOOONG year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, girl, hang in there. I am sure that you will get into a routine at some point and it will be easier. Meanwhile, get yourself some plastic cups - and plates, if need be.

Lauren said...

so sorry. I haven't been feeling well, but maybe next week we could get together and let the little girlies play.

Tara said...

I'm so sorry- it totally sucks to miss your husband! I'm going out of town tonight, but when I get back next week I'll give you a call and we'll hang out!