Tuesday, August 24, 2010

On the Road to Crazy Town!

Next stop:  loony bin!  Admitting one:  me!  Yeah, the days just keep getting crazier!  I didn't think it would be like this when Billy took the job in Louisville!  But ya know, I think this whole experience will only make me stronger (or, perhaps, get me institutionalized)!

Here's how our typical week goes:  Blake has soccer Tuesday,  Wednesday, and Thursday.  Then he has a game (or two) on Saturday.  That keeps us pretty busy.  Lola is a HANDFUL at all the practices and games so I usually spend the time stopping her from eating rocks and such.  This causes me to miss most everything Blake has done in his games and practices!  Here's what I do know:  Blake scored 7 goals in his first academy soccer tournament.  I was very proud of him!




Here's what else is going on: 

1.  Lola learned how to open the doors.  I guess I will have to invest in some of those annoying plastic knobby things that even I can't open.  Blech.

2.  Most days, I'm so exhausted, I can barely walk up and down the stairs.  This makes me wish I had one of those motorized seats that would take me up and down the stairs.  Or that I had an elevator or something.  Or probably easier; a ranch-style house.

3.  Nobody is interested in buying the house.  :(  I'm trying not to take this too personally since it's listed by owner.  And since, apparently, the housing market is worse than ever.  Of course that would happen when we're talking about our luck!

4.  Lola refuses to eat.  STILL!  It's pretty annoying.  I've tried everything.  Well, today, she ate an avocado.  WOO HOO!  And she ate a few crackers.  Then Blake and I tried to make her laugh.



-We all thought it was pretty funny.  Even funnier?  He ate his whole meal sitting exactly like this!  My kids might be as crazy as me! :)

On a positive note (because I think it's good to end things in a positive way)......Billy is doing great at his new job.  He stays busy and doesn't get to come home very often!  But when he does come home, we really enjoy the family time together!  So I guess it's not all bad!  I just wanted to update something since I haven't in a while.  And don't worry about me, I'll be fine.  I'm not all the way crazy......yet! ;)

5 comments:

amanda said...

Seriously drop Lola off next time Blake has a game. I'd love to take on the challenge:)

Lauren said...

Good job Blake on your 7 goals! That is way impressive!

The Miranda's said...

7 goals!!! my goodness..what a rock star! And hang in there...Eva went through the stage of not eating anything and now she eats...and I'm glad Billy is doing well...I know someone will buy your home..I just know it.

easleyfamily said...

Hang in there, lady! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you sat in the high chair????