Monday, April 12, 2010

New York, New York (But Not New York City)!

Spring break was quite an adventure!  We decided to go to New York to visit my sister and her super cute little family!  Here is list of some things we dabbled in and some things I learned.

5 things I loved about our vacation:

1.  I lOVED seeing my sister, her husband, and my sweet niece.
2.  I loved getting away from "life" for a little bit.  It's nice to just get away every now and then!
3.  I loved exploring church sites in Palmyra.
4.  Wegman's.  It's an awesome grocery store.
5.  Going to Niagara Falls in Canada (and eating poutine while across the border).  I also especially loved the border patrol lady who had a lot of personality (she totally didn't).  She must hate her job.  Yeah.  That's it.

5 things I learned/discovered/realized while on vacation:

1.  Lola HATES the car.  I also learned I don't do well in a car with a shrieking child.  It was THAT bad.
2.  There are no Speedway gas stations after you leave Ohio.  At least I couldn't find any.  Which is bad news because I like fountain drinks.  From Speedway.  Enough said.
3.  It can snow at Niagara Falls in April.  Probably only when the bad luck Yadon family visits but still.....
4.  Indiana is REALLY flat.
5.  I ate way too much.  WAY too much.  Vacation is over.  Diet is starting again!  Tomorrow!

We are home now and trying to get back into some sort of routine.  And by routine, I mean getting my kids to bed at a decent time.  I'm also trying to keep myself out of the Easter baskets.  I need a 12 step program to recover from my apparent Robin Egg Whopper addiction.  Here are some photos from the trip!

In front of Jess and Brandon's house!






Lake Ontario photos!










Photos from around the house and in Palmyra!  Fun times were had by all! :)

5 comments:

The Clayburn Family said...

Your posts are so entertaining to read!!! Love it!

Lee said...

It looks like you had such a fun time!! MISS YOU!!

Lauren said...

I have a robin egg addiction too.

Rebecca said...

I LOVE your sister's stone porch and steps! Wow- I wish I had that at my house! I also LOVE the picture of you smiling and snuggling Lola. That is a perfect picture :) Love you guys! Tell Billy we said hello!

Crystal said...

Several years ago, my husband and I drove to New Hampshire, and stopped in Buffalo, NY to break up the drive. We woke up the next morning to a blizzard! Our trip to Niagara was so cold and blustery. There were actually small ice bergs floating down the falls. We went in April as well! There we were, used to the KY weather in April, me sporting capri pants and t-shirts, and wake up to ice and snow. Needless to say, we were only there for about 15 minutes!