Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beach Bash 2010!

Blake's school had a beach bash a couple weeks ago.  It was basically a carnival.  There was no beach.  And there really wasn't a bash.  But seriously, I LOVE school carnivals.  It reminded me of when I was in elementary school (oh so very long ago).  I lived for the carnivals.  I lived for the cake walk, the games, and all the prizes.  Blake's carnival was a little different.  I guess times have changed (duh).  But hey, it was still fun.  Here are some reasons why I enjoy school carnivals (and maybe real carnivals, too, if I ever went to one.....) so much!

1.  The candy bar walk (yes, it is no longer the cake walk).  I might have (and I emphasize the MIGHT HAVE) made Blake play several, several times.  It paid off (eventually).  He won TWO full-size candy bars.  And no, he didn't share one with me.  :(

2.  Animal balloons.  WHAT?  Yeah,  I said it.  I think it's cool when very creative people can whip up an animal out of balloons.  I can recognize raw talent when I see it.  I'm jealous.  Very jealous.  But as long as I get my poodle, I'm okay!  Oh, and yes, I'm the one who wants the balloon (not Blake....or even Lola).

3.  The 2 liter ring toss.  I shouldn't even include this because it's SOOOOOO frustrating and terribly hard to win.  But the possibility of winning some Diet Coke is too good to pass up.  I thought it was kinda weird that there were so many caffeinated drinks at an elementary school carnival.  However, that was kinda why I encouraged Blake to play so many times.  He never won.  I told him I would buy him his own 2 liter (and I might have gotten one for myself, too).

4.  The chance to win a goldfish by playing a ridiculous game.  I actually won one back in the day.  It died that night, I think.  Anyway, this year, the kids had to throw a ping pong ball into a tiny (yes, tiny) fish bowl.  Blake wanted nothing more than to win a fish.  He tried for so long that I, again, told him I would just buy him a stinkin' fish.  Why do I love carnivals?  They seem to cost me a lot of money!  Hmmmm......

5.  Carnival food.  I bet the school carnivals don't compete with real carnivals but popcorn and pizza are always good to me!

6.  Finally, the prizes.  Blake had a lot of points after playing a lot of games (mostly the "win a fish" game and the 2 liter ring toss).  He got his little sister a stuffed animal and he got himself some vampire teeth.  And what ends the day at the carnival better than some vampire teeth?  Nothing, folks.  There is nothing better, I say!

Told ya!

Here are some other photos from the day:















No comments: