Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Veteran's Day Program!

Well,  Blake has amazed me once again!  Do I brag too much?  Sorry.  I'm just extremely proud of the awesomeness that is Blake!  He was asked to do a little video talking about his dad and what it means to have him deployed.  Blake was pretty nervous and really didn't want to do it because the video would be shown at the 4th grade Veteran's Day program.  He is a wee bit like me and doesn't like having crowd attention.  Now, don't get  me wrong.  If I could be on Last Comic Standing, I would totally (not really) do it.  (Probably because I'd most definitely win???).  But normally, I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than speak or do anything in public.  Blah.  I just got a little nauseous at the thought of it.

Anyway....I give mad props to Blake for being braver than his wimp of a mom!  He rocked the video.  It was so fun to see it on the big screen during the program!  Billy was even able to come home to watch!  YAY!  So to sum it all up, Blake is RAD!  The songs they sang in the program were fun.  And it was neat to hear him talk about his dad, who is currently deployed to Afghanistan.  Layne....we salute you and truly thank you for your continued service to this country!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s01c6rbwXWg&feature=share

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

This is awesome! Way to go, Blake!!

Cecilia said...

Such a good job! I am so proud of him too and he's not even my kid. He did a great job.