Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thunder!

I know it has taken me a VERY long time to post anything.  I'm sure you are all breathing a sigh of relief.  I'm not sure if that sigh is because I'm back and you feel obligated to read.  OR (and I'm hoping it's this one)....you are so excited to read this new post because it's been WAY too long since the last one!  But honestly?  I was just perusing the stats on my blog....wondering why they have to list that sort of stuff.  It's really bad for the ol' self esteem.  Like 7 people have read my blog today.  SEVEN?  Okay, maybe it was six.  I can't remember.  But seriously.  Leave your name so I know which of my friends to hold on to! ;)  I'm kinda serious.  Maybe I should give up writing this blog?  Hello, pity party (table for one).  My name is Sarah.  I'm moving on now.

Back to the subject.  Thunder OVER Louisville!  It is my favorite time of year.  Most of you know (all seven...or six of you) that I never miss Thunder.  Like...my family has been in the Louisville area since 1990 and I've been to almost every.  single.  thunder.  It's that cool.  But since I say that in my post every year, I will stop repeating everything!

This Thunder weekend was particularly awesome.  Why?  Because my sister, Alli was in town from Florida.  That's always the best.  Also, my sister, Jess was in town from New York.  So that pretty much made it the best!  I also got to spend the first two days of the weekend in Louisville by myself.  Not that I don't love my kids and husband.  But I was in desperate need of a break!  I had tons of fun for two days (and the two days that they joined me in Louisville).  Thank you, Billy, for being awesome!  (For the record...Blake had a soccer game and that's why I was in Louisville alone)!

Alli did my hair!  So that is the first picture of me.  I don't usually pose alone (at least not looking like a tool and then posting it for the world to see).  But here ya go!  Then I was able to meet up with my dear friends, Tom and Susan.  It's always good to catch up with my buddies!  After we hung out with Tom, we said a super quick hello to our dear friend, Chad!  Then we all parted ways!  I was able to enjoy Thunder with Jess, Genevieve, and my dad! YAY!  The air show was awesome.  The fireworks were wonderful.  However, I will note that I will NEVER (not ever) sit next to the cannons.  They were so loud.  I thought I was literally (Rob Lowe from Parks and Rec style) having a heart attack.  But hey, it was good, clean fun.  Genevieve loved the show!  And so did I!

I wonder if I will ever get tired of fireworks.  I was wondering that while I was freezing outside waiting to watch the show.  I came to the conclusion, that even when I'm old and wrinkly, I'll probably still hobble my way down to the river to watch the magnificent spectacle that is Thunder Over Louisville!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw you and Billy (I assume) finish the mini, but couldn't find you in the crowd afterward despite my efforts. Congrats on the race. Thunder is boring compared to NKU!

Raul Duke

Heather said...

How fun!!! I sure wish that I lived closer and could go to that fun stuff, I miss Derby Hype! I only missed it by a week this year too...boo!