Saturday, May 26, 2012

Field Trip!

I was finally able to chaperone one of Blake's field trips again.  It's been a while (since 1st grade).  I now remember why I don't always make Billy take a couple days off work so I can tag along.  Why?  Well, about five minutes on a bus with a gaggle of 3rd graders will quickly remind you!  I'm not gonna lie.  I kinda wanted to jump out an exit door or window.  Alas, I survived.  My big ten gallon hat is tipped to all bus drivers (AND TEACHERS)!  I'm not sure how you do it!

Aside from all the noise said students can make, it really was a fun trip!  Of course since I volunteered, it was a sporting event!  We got to attend an Indianapolis Indians vs. Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs.  Yes.  You read that right.  The Iron Pigs was the mascot.  We all laughed and laughed (and laughed and laughed....until I was ready to scream)!

Blake was pretty crazy because that's how he gets around his friends!  But again, it was nice to be able to spend time with him.  I like seeing him with his friends (in all his lunacy)!  I enjoyed talking with his teacher.  And I enjoyed a little break from sitting around the house all day long!




1 comment:

billy said...

What Up G