Friday, August 19, 2011

Four Soccer Games and a Wedding!

Yeah. We had a bit of a busy weekend last weekend.  It included driving back and forth from Louisville to Indy twice so Blake could compete in his team's first soccer tournament.  And of course, he also had a football game to play in, too.  He had to to play in all the games AND get to Katie's wedding by 3 PM.  WHOOOOWHEEEE....it was wild!  But we made it and EVERYTHING went well!

Highlights of the weekend:  Blake scored 4 goals in his 3 games (he did end up having to miss one of the four games...).  He did okay in football.  I was able to fit into the super tiny bridesmaid dress I was dreading for ages!  Yes, it was still tight.  But the fact that I could wear it for eight hours straight definitely lands it in the highlight reel.  I should also mention that the wedding was supposed to be outside.  Due to the tornadic like winds that came through 30 minutes before the wedding, the ceremony was moved inside.  Then the power went out.  Yeah.  That's right.  It was actually lovely to see my sister get married in a candlelight ceremony.  It ended up being beautiful. 

The reception was super fun.  I love dancing and will still do so even when wearing a very tight bridesmaid dress!  And they had a photobooth, too.  Yeah.  I was there pretty much all night.  It was awesome!

So after all was said and done, the weekend was lovely.  It was great to spend time with family.  It was great that Billy was able to watch Blake play awesome games of soccer.  One of my favorite things?  Wearing fake eyelashes for the first time.  Ever.  Thank you, Jess.  It was an amazing experience.  For reals.

I didn't get any photos from the sporting events.  But I got some photos of the girls getting ready for the wedding (and yes, I was wearing one of my dad's button-up shirts from the 70s).  Congrats, Creighton and Katie.  We had an amazing time watching you start your lives together! :)

Jess.....looking a lot like George Washington!  This is before the updo was finished!

This is BEFORE makeup.  I apologize for scaring anyone!

My hair!  Thanks, Alli!

Katie getting her hair done!

Jess and Kristen doing their makeup!

Me and my dear ol' mom!


Alli doing Beth's hair!


Me and Kristen.  Finally getting ready to change!!


Me and Mandy (Katie's awesome maid of honor)!!


My cute little niece, Elsie (flower girl)!

Katie getting her makeup done!

Beth....looking strangely like Coolio.  Remember him!??

Dressed and ready to go!

Beth and Lola!




Beautiful bride and beautiful bridesmaid!

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Sarah, you are the most beautiful girl ever! You looked great. Congratulations to your sister and YAY for the making all the sporting events.

Gentry said...

Sarah, you looked hot in that black dress. I'm sure Billy had no complaints! Katie was a beautiful bride. You both are so thin. If only you knew this ;)