Thursday, July 7, 2011

FLORIDA!

I went to Florida.  Without my kiddos.  And sadly, without my Billy.  But I went with my mom to visit my dear sister, Alli.  I had a blast.  Is that bad to admit since I left behind my beloved children and husband?  Well, I really needed a break so it was nice!  Did it rain every day?  Yes.  Did we only get to the beach ONE time?  Yes.  But was it awesome amounts of fun?  HECK yes.

So here's what we did:

1.  We had our hair done in Alli's salon.  WOO HOO!  Alli has always been my favorite stylist!

2.  We ate delicious food that Alli made for us!  Which is also grounds for another WOO HOO because her food is spectacular!

3.  We went shopping at Sawgrass Mills.  It was super crowded but we found some great deals!  Before we went shopping, we ate A LOT at Bahama Breeze!  This is important because there are none of them around me.  So the last time I ate at one was in Florida two years ago!  Hooray for coconut battered onion rings!

4.  We went to Las Olas Blvd. and ate Yogurt Ur Way (THREE TIMES)!  It was THAT good.  And yeah, I'm sure I gained about ten pounds.  But it was vacation......

5.  We went to the Keys.  And oh how I love the Keys!  We spent one night in Key West and it was lovely!  Some things we did (in no particular order):  Sloppy Joe's, Margaritaville, the Hemingway house, the Little White House, Mallory Square, ate Key Lime pie!  I did mention that I probably gained a lot of weight, right?  Well, if the food wasn't so delicious......

6.  Finally, while in the Keys, Alli and I went parasailing.  Yup.  I did it.  And I lived to blog about it.  Really?  It wasn't that scary.  I will post pics and video of that little adventure in a separate blog.  For now, here are the other pictures from Key West!  And yes, I love posing with statues (in case you were wondering...)!

*WARNING:  PICTURE OVERLOAD*  (don't say you haven't been warned)





























Apparently we were staying at an "adult only" hotel.  Which apparently means you don't have to wear your clothes at the pool.  Who knew?!?  Thank heavens we didn't use the pool anyway!












5 comments:

dstrytruitt said...

You are adorably ridiculous!
So great you guys had such a blast; bummer Billy and the kids couldn't vaca, too. But sometimes an escape is required to recharge the emotional batteries.

The photos are terrific: my favs are you with the "Key West #1 Tourist" and the last one of you and your momma.

Thanks for posting--you're a hoot!!

Anonymous said...

FUN! Was it super hot??? I'm so nervous to go to FL next week. I think we are going to melt. Or at least, I am. Can't wait for the parasailing pictures! You are so brave!

Kristen said...

Awww...this brings back such great honeymoon memories. We have a cute pic of Adam and I next to the "Southermost Point" thingy. So glad you guys got to go and that you had so much fun. Can't wait to see the parasailing pics!!

*A* said...

You always get to do fun things! I'm jealous

easleyfamily said...

Oh my! Looks like so much fun! Can't wait for our next trip!!! :)