Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Some Stuff!

I thought I would update you on life in the Yadon house.  I know, you've probably been dying to know what we've been doing over here!  The suspense is about to end.....right.....now!

1.  I began going from room to room cleaning and sorting pretty much everything.  And by cleaning and sorting, I mean throwing away A LOT!  I started with the Easter (yeah, EASTER) candy in the pantry.  I'm calling this project "THE DECLUTTERING OF 2010" (original title, I know)!

2.  THE DECLUTTERING OF 2010 is mostly a result of watching Hoarders on A&E.  Not that I'm a hoarder but after watching that show, I feel I have to be as FAR away from that as possible!

3.  While decluttering, I found a warning ticket I received shortly after moving (and evidently speeding) to Indiana.  I had to laugh because the poor officer couldn't even spell my name correctly.
I know it's blurry but hopefully you can still read it!  Feel free to call me Sarash (but don't expect me to answer! :)

4.  Of course Lola and I are still walking our 4 miles every other day!  This week's observations:  half of a banana.  I decided to follow the decomposition each time I walk by.  I'm calling this, "THE BANANA DECOMPOSITION WATCH OF 2010."  Wow, that's a long title.  Anyway, here is the banana from today:  

5.  On our walk several days ago, I heard A LOT of rustling in the woods (yes, I walk next to a wooded area).  So either there really IS a watcher in the woods, or there are a lot of wild animals...Either way, I hightailed it on by!

6.  Last week, I had quite a few challenging days.  On some (A LOT) occasions, I vent on facebook.  What happened next?  My dear friend, Nedra, came over with some Paradise cookies (yes, the ones I blogged about previously).  YUM!  Thank you, Nedra for saving the week!

7.  Blake is still involved in soccer pretty much every day!  It isn't a big deal except when the weather (for some reason) thinks it's still August.  I'm not happy about the 95 degrees at yesterday's practice.  You listening, Mother Nature?  It's ALMOST OCTOBER!!!!!  That being said, when it's cold, I'll probably complain, too!  So be prepared....just sayin'!

8.  Finally, I heard a knock on the door Monday afternoon.  Standing before me?  The mail carrier with a package from Holland.  She couldn't pronounce my last name (and I thought having DeLuca as a maiden name was bad).  Apparently Yadon is pretty impossible to figure out.  Anyway, since she was bringing me said package, I really didn't care!  My lovely friend, Inge, sent me all kinds of goodies from Holland!  Thank you, Inge, for starting this week off right!

That's all she wrote, my friends!

6 comments:

easleyfamily said...

Nice! I love getting stuff in the mail that's not bills...those are dumb!

Lauren said...

Wow. My name made it on to your blog. I am famous now.
I sure do hope you have a better week.

The Clayburn Family said...

So glad to see that this week is looking to be better than last week.

You are cool for having a friend in Holland . . .

Anonymous said...

Your race was "unknown". Maybe it's the tricky last names! Glad things are looking up! Isn't it great how food gifts always make us feel better???

The Miranda's said...

I'm glad that you banana watch, walks, and decluttering are going well! Till next time..thanks for sharing Sarash!

*A* said...

That candy!!!! Makes me miss German candy soooo bad. Every year for X-mas, I order gummy smurfs. They are to die for delish! It's getting close to ordering time. Oh Ya!